cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Approved - BofA CLI - 90 days...91? Midnight?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA CLI - 90 days...91? Midnight?

Thank you so much! I am hoping for the best. My score has improved pretty significantly since my last increase that was >4x SL.

Currently at $2300 and asked for $15k which probably has something to do with no instant approval lol.
Message 11 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much! I am hoping for the best. My score has improved pretty significantly since my last increase that was >4x SL.

Currently at $2300 and asked for $15k which probably has something to do with no instant approval lol.

Yup, that might do it. Safer to try 3x current credit limit.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Welp... either I jumped the gun or was denied. Did it over the phone, shot high, CSR gave a 5-7 day message.

Is it possible that because it’s the weekend that it could still be approved?

Also, if denied do I need to wait another 90 days?

@Anonymous The rule for BoA is not 90 days from your last credit increase,  its 91 days as I discussed here. And its quite likely you were denied for asking too early; a CSR cannot legally disclose or discuss an adverse action (denial is an adverse action) by phone so they will just tell you that you will receive a letter in 5-7 business days.  If your request needed further review the CSR would have informed you about that.

If I were in your position I would wait to get the letter to ascertain what exactly occurred, then reapply but don't ask for more than 3X your current limit.  But for the record, the clock does not reset when you ask too early; you just have to wait until 91 days have elapsed then ask again.  If you got your last CLI on 8/18/19 you would become eligible to request another one on 11/17/19 so it appears you jumped the gun.

Message 13 of 17
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all, 

So I got a CLI on my bank of america cash rewards on 8/18/2019 from $500 -> $2300. Tomorrow marks 90 days from my last CLI or maybe today if today is counted in the calculation?

I may be overthinking this, but do you all include the date of the last increase? Or the date of the new request in your calculations? Both? Should I try at midnight??? 

As a habit, I always wait 2-3 days past. just to be on the safe side. It's a hard rule i put in place for myself.

+1

++1

2-3 Days past. Sometimes a week.

With BoA, the Link may show up in 90 days but, you may not get one until you hit 6 mo from last CLI.

As always YMMV!

Good Luck!

In my case link appeared 90 days after approval and I got a double dip CLI.  90 days later another link and another CLI. 90 days after that another link and another approval. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I was a day too early. Called today after not hearing back yet. Confirmed that it was a denial and then I immediately went online to try again after the call.

Requested $10k -- Approved with a counter for $6,300.

$2300 -> $6300 (+$4,000)

Very happy with this growth on the cash rewards card; now it takes the prize for my highest limit non-store, non-business card.

Message 15 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update and DPs @Anonymous. Congrats on the new CL!

Locking this thread as you have been approved for the CLI. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.