cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

----UPDATE---Has anyone gotten the Southwest Chase 7-10 response and still been approved?

tag
cambia46
Contributor

----UPDATE---Has anyone gotten the Southwest Chase 7-10 response and still been approved?

-------- 16 Sep UPDATE-------

I kept getting the same 7-10 day message with no updates, so I just called and it was DISAPPROVED.  The reason given was TOO MANY RECENT APPLICATIONS WITH CHASE.  The probelm is, I'm not sure if this decision is referring to the Chase Sapphire card that was approved in August or if it's referring to the this Southwest application, which I acciently submitted twice.  I realized a couple of days later when I did a status check and because i accidwhich I learned I'd submitted twice a rep said that she would  cancel one.  I learned todat that this never happened.  So the rep said he'd delete the duplicate app with me on the line and offered to recon the one app, however, he saw the app was in the verification department, which he said was odd, so he transferred me to that department. I'm still on hold and will update again when I have more info. 

I've been on an app spree since August and decided that Southwest and Penfed would be my last.  I applied for Southwest on 5 Sep and immediately got the 7-10 day notice (also still waiting for Penfed).  I've called three times since then, two reps simply repeated the 7-10 verbage, one rep said they are still reviewing my application and will let me know by 15 Sep.  Checked the automated system today and it says in 7-10 days I should receive a decision letter (sounds like a denial to me), but when I out-right asked if I was denied, she said they are still reviewing.  So, it could be that she just didn’t want to break my heart or a possible approval.

According to the boards, the 7-10 notice has mostly meant a denial, but I've also read where some people got approved, although many of them got a 30-day wait notice, which I have not.  Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten just the 7-10 day notice and was still approved? 

The ONLY reason I tried to get Southwest not long after approval for the Chase Sapphire, was because I had an emergency that required last minute travel and the tickets were so darned high.  I considered using one of the other cards, particularly the Sapphire since it's one of the best travel rewards cards out there, but I'd already used it quite a bit in an effort to meet the $4000 in 3mos promotion so I can get the 1000,000pts. So, I didn’t want to add another dime to that card with it scheduled to report on the 24th.  My logic told me that with Southwest being a new card,  it wouldn’t report for another 30 days (feel free to let me know if that was stupid logic) and I’d have the Sapphire paid off by that time.  I also figured I may have good odds, because others have reported back-to-back Chase approvals.   But, this 7-10 day nonsense really threw a wrench in the plan and I ended up paying for the ticket out of pocket anyway. 

If it's helps, Chase pulled TU and EX this time (only pulled EX for Sapphire).  I opened 5 new CCs in August, but the only one reporting is Sofi (reported the same day I was approved w/no balance).  I have 9 new inquires (8 in Aug, 1 in Apr) on TU/EX and 2 apps are still pending (Southwest, Penfed).  Thanks in advance for any and all input.  Btw, I'll do a separate post about this Penfed nighmare I've been living in for 3 wks now. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten the Southwest Chase 7-10 response and still been approved?

Back to back Chase approvals don't really happen anymore. 7-10 days is usually a denial.

You said you opened up 5 accounts in August alone, though only 1 is showing. But how many new revolving accounts have you opened in the last 24 months? I ask because as you are probably aware, Chase's 5/24 rule is pretty firm and tough to get around. It usually leads to auto denials, with some exceptions once in a whIle.

Also, even if your 5 new accounts aren't all showing now, IF you were to get approved for the SW card, once those 5 (or rather, other 4 accounts) show up, Chase would still find out because they like to keep tabs on you by SPing your reports every month for 3-6 months following an approval. They could potentially then yank back the approval and shut down the new SW card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone gotten the Southwest Chase 7-10 response and still been approved?

Could be a verification letter

Good luck !

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.