Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(UPDATE!) NFCU First Card; CashRewards Vs Platinum

tag
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU First Card; CashRewards Vs Platinum

I think you're worrying too much, @CreditGameGB.

The Flagship has tougher underwriting, the secured card is easier. All their other cards seem to be equivalent. I think you should just choose the card that is best for you.

WIth no rent, your DTI will be very low. Sounds like utilization is low as well. Your scores are very good. You have a reasonable age of credit history. They do care about relationship a bit, but it shouldn't matter that much in your case. All those accounts you opened are probably overkill. Most likely, they'll look favorably on you.

I only had 6 months credit history when I joined, and I immediately applied for a card. They gave me the More Rewards, and 9 months later my CL was almost $25K, and at a year it was at the lowest APR. I just have checking and savings, nothing else.

I don't know if they'll give you a SL over $6K. Income doesn't seem as important to Navy as it does to other lenders, but it's still part of the SL calculation. But whatever limit they give you, you probably won't get a higher one elsewhere. And if you start with a low limit, wait 3 months and request a CLI. Then you can request another, every 6 months thereafter. They're soft pulls, if you do them online or through the app. The max these days for a CLI seems to be 8K, or x3 your SL if lower. And after 1 year, you can request an APR reduction. You'll eventually hit the limit of unsecured credit they're willing to extend, but without negatives, it should be reasonably high.

Message 11 of 14
CreditGameGB

How do i post a picture lmao I can't figure how to add this screenshot ??

I opted to apply for the Platinum and was approved but I'd like to post the screenshot

Message 12 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditGameGB wrote:

How do i post a picture lmao I can't figure how to add this screenshot ??

I opted to apply for the Platinum and was approved but I'd like to post the screenshot

Congrats! I'd say make a new thread over in approvals rather than post it here. Mods will end up closing this thread since you were approved. 

As for how to post pictures, in the toolbar above the reply box there's a little camera icon. Click that and it'll let you access your files on your PC/phone. Smiley Wink

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Since OP has been approved, this thread is closed for additional messages. 

@CreditGameGB  you need to rank up a little before you can post images.  

Congrats on your approval 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.