cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE]Recon Chance for BBR and Citi ThankYou Preferred?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

[UPDATE]Recon Chance for BBR and Citi ThankYou Preferred?

So last night, I pulled the trigger to apply for 3 new cards (I know it's too many). Two of them are instantly denied and Sallie Mae is pending. I am just curious if anyone of you have experience doing recon with BOA and Citi? What's the chance that I can get approved from them by calling them?

Here are some information about my credit profilos:

2 Credit cards - Capital One Quicksilver ($500) for 9 months and Discover It ($1500) for 6 months

4 Inquries on each credit report 

TU - 712 (TU 08 FICO) EX- 721 (FICO from EX site) EQ- (don't know)

Well, I sort of screwed up by randomly applying for credit cards before the Discover card, given that I had no knowledge about hard pulls and all those factors that could affect my credit scores and all that. That's why I have 4 HP for each credit report. But yea, I don't know what happpend to me yesterday, the credit-itch got me and decided to apply these three cards. What do you think my chance of getting approved by recon? 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I called all three of them today, SM rejected me twice (yea, I did a second recon), BOA approved me with a $1000 limit (yay!) and Citi said they would call me back.

The reason Barclaycard rejected me is: short credit history (Thought they were friendly to people with short credit history)

The whole coversation of BOA only took 2 mins, it was a really nice lady and she just confirmed with me some of the information then I got approved! 

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon Chance for BBR and Citi ThankYou Preferred?

Normally I would say you are extremely likely to get the SM with your TU what it is, but Barclays is known to be inquiry sensitive if they are recent. That said, they are one of the most lenient lenders with recons so it is worth fighting. BOA I think you have a chance at if you call to recon...Citi TYP seems like the longest shot...I have never heard of a successful recon with Citi without contacting the EO.

Message 2 of 3
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Recon Chance for BBR and Citi ThankYou Preferred?

i had 18 inquiries when i was approved for upromise which has similar uw standards to sallie mae.....CALL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.