UPDATE: US Bank told me to cool my jets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank told me to cool my jets

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry bbcatcher. While this sucks sometimes, it is helpful in the long run to have these happen. I always feel like I am due a correction every so often that reminds me I need to take some time and let things breathe. 

I would have taken a $500 limit, I'm not being too greedy Smiley Very Happy

I really want the Altitude Reserve, but I guess I'll just wait a little longer for it. 

Are you in their region?   If you are, and want an AR, I would skip the cash+ and have a checking account to establish the relationship without getting a new cc account to spook them!

I'm not. I'm in Florida and there aren't any here yet. I've read that they are going to be coming here. So maybe by the time they're here I can just app for the AR. 

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to reapp for Cash+

I know I will have to wait a little bit to reapp for the Cash+, but I am looking for suggestions (mostly so I have a goal).

Currently I am 5/24, 3/12, 1/6. I have 7 inqs on TU (CR US Bank pulled for my last app). 1 will fall off in Jan, 3 in June (I was mortgage shopping), and the rest are a year+ before they fall off.

Logic says June, since inquiries will decrease to 3 and 2 will be over a year old then and not scoreable.

I am still waiting on the AA letter from USBank from my first app to see if there is more than one reason, but they told me it was just new accounts. In January I will be 2/12 and in April I will be 0/12.

Thanks!
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When to reapp for Cash+

Wait until you're 1/12 or 0/12 would be my suggestion.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called today to see if I could open a checking account over the phone. I love 150 miles from the closest branch and the website will not allow me to open an account.

The CSR asked if I had called UW for a reconsideration, and I told her I had but they told me no. She said try again, and I said ok. She transferred me to UW and they said they probably can do something so they will be doing a manual review on the application.

I will update once I get that decision. Being that it’s almost Christmas, I assume I will know something by Friday.
Message 14 of 25
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I called today to see if I could open a checking account over the phone. I love 150 miles from the closest branch and the website will not allow me to open an account.

The CSR asked if I had called UW for a reconsideration, and I told her I had but they told me no. She said try again, and I said ok. She transferred me to UW and they said they probably can do something so they will be doing a manual review on the application.

I will update once I get that decision. Being that it’s almost Christmas, I assume I will know something by Friday.

Hope you get positive results, OP.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope you get positive results, OP.

Thank you!

Message 16 of 25
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

*crosses fingers for you*

Message 17 of 25
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm having the same issue as I'm in Texas and they don't have any branches here.

I have discovered that you can open a US BankCorp Self-Directed Brokerage account, without being in their footprint. I have done so and then app'd for the Gold Package Checking to get the "100 free trades" offered to Gold members in the brokerage account. Waiting to find out now if I'm approved, but I'm hopeful. They wouldn't even let me app for checking/savings before I had the brokerage account.

If it works, this could be a new relationship path for those of us outside their footprint.

Message 18 of 25
gjean78
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE: US Bank told me to cool my jets

I heard US Bank is one of the hardest bank to get a CC with.

Message 19 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: UPDATE: US Bank told me to cool my jets

Good luck, BB
Fingers extra crossed for you!
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.