cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATED** - PENFED - How to request a CLI online? -- CLI APPROVED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

**UPDATED** - PENFED - How to request a CLI online? -- CLI APPROVED!!

I really have tried to search the forums to find this answer but I can't seem to find anything.

How do I request a CLI from PenFed online?   It's been a few years since I have even considered a CLI but I wanted to see if I can get a higher limit to take advantage of a BT offer.   I know it used to be part of your account options or it was under applications as an option on your applicable card types but I don't see it in either place now, either online or on my app.  

When I tried to click on the application for the PenFed Promise card, it seems like I am applying for a new card, not a CLI on the existing card, and that is not what I want to do.  

There seems to be conflicting info on if PenFed even offers CLI's any more but I saw a few very recent posts from people getting luv button CLI's from PenFed so I know it's possibe.  

PenFed For Dummies -- how do I request a CLI online? 

Update -- My CLI was approved!  I was at a limit of $5,500 and they increased me to $12,000!!  I had to read the email twice because I was NOT expecting that. I was expecting either a decline or a meager bump.  So excited!!

So, how long is the HP good for? I may as well ask for a CLI on my other card also.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PENFED - How to request a CLI online?

1. Click on the Applications tab

2. Expand the Choose Your Product arrow. you should see your current card(s) and the option to request a credit limit increase.

EDIT

They might be having system problems.   The CLI option was there earlier this morning but it is not there now.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2. Expand the Choose Your Product arrow. you should see your current card(s) and the option to request a credit limit increase.

EDIT

They might be having system problems.   The CLI option was there earlier this morning but it is not there now.

Ok, you're right. The link is back now.  Typical, I would search for it during the few minutes it was down. I submitted the request and got some kind of website error but it shows my app went through and is in review now.  Ugh, was really hoping for an instant approval. 

Message 3 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your CLI request!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EDIT

Ok, you're right. The link is back now.  Typical, I would search for it during the few minutes it was down. I submitted the request and got some kind of website error but it shows my app went through and is in review now.  Ugh, was really hoping for an instant approval. 

@Anonymous Call them.  I just got off the phone with them.  The rep submitted the app while I was on the phone and I immediately got an email stating that I was approved for a $7,500 CLI on my PenFed Promise Visa.

Message 5 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 6 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: **UPDATED** - PENFED - How to request a CLI online? -- CLI APPROVED!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I really have tried to search the forums to find this answer but I can't seem to find anything.

How do I request a CLI from PenFed online?   It's been a few years since I have even considered a CLI but I wanted to see if I can get a higher limit to take advantage of a BT offer.   I know it used to be part of your account options or it was under applications as an option on your applicable card types but I don't see it in either place now, either online or on my app.  

When I tried to click on the application for the PenFed Promise card, it seems like I am applying for a new card, not a CLI on the existing card, and that is not what I want to do.  

There seems to be conflicting info on if PenFed even offers CLI's any more but I saw a few very recent posts from people getting luv button CLI's from PenFed so I know it's possibe.  

PenFed For Dummies -- how do I request a CLI online? 

Update -- My CLI was approved!  I was at a limit of $5,500 and they increased me to $12,000!!  I had to read the email twice because I was NOT expecting that. I was expecting either a decline or a meager bump.  So excited!!

So, how long is the HP good for? I may as well ask for a CLI on my other card also.

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 7 of 14
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Must be in a good mood over there, congrats to you.
Message 8 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your  2X PLUS  PenFed Promise CLI - Way to Go!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.