Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank AMEX card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank AMEX card

I was approved for the US Bank 365 AMEX card for $5500 I do have a 3 year history with them which is a checking,savings and a $2500 secured credit card ( I know its a foolish place to have $2500 but I needed the credit ) , my ? is will this help me to qualify for a regular Amex card later on?

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank AMEX card

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the US Bank 365 AMEX card for $5500 I do have a 3 year history with them which is a checking,savings and a $2500 secured credit card ( I know its a foolish place to have $2500 but I needed the credit ) , my ? is will this help me to qualify for a regular Amex card later on?

Thank you

No your US Bank card just runs on Amex network this will not help or hurt u in regards to getting a regular Amex.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without knowing your credit scores, AAoA, history, etc. its really hard to answer that question. I believe that this card is USB only. It will def help your credit as long as your responsible with it. Congrats and welcome to the USB fam. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX 671

EQ 683

TU 780

I hope to have a AMEX card with in a year ... it has been one of my goals for some time ....

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think Amex is really all that hard to get approved for, they'll like the history you've built with us bank but the fact that it's an amex secured card you have won't make a difference nor the fact that it's us bank - it's the fact that you have some established history. Ex and Eq scores are pretty low though, might wanna look at self lender or something to give your scores a boost. Should be able to get something like the Amex Everyday card pretty reliably once those scores are around 700. I think you could do it within 6 months - 1 year easily especially if you haven't had any installment loans and you do self lender.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The secured card is a Korean air for 2500 the US Bank Amex is unsecured at 5500 but I just got approved for it, it shows on my account but Im waiting for the card to arrive
Message 6 of 9
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

As others have stated.

Having positive tradelines improves your credit reports thus strengthing your credit score and credit worthiness.

But the USB Amex is a core USB product that they have decided to run on Amex network. It’s underwritten by US Bank. Amex has no liability on the debt if you default.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 7 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

EX 671 should be good enough to get you approved with a $1000 SL. You should be able to get approved also for a Green or PRG card

My question is why is there a 100 point difference between EX and TU.  What is the negative item holding you down?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Lexington Law that has been working on my credit for 7 months and have done a great job but it is a work in progress.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.