Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Application Rules For 2nd Card

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

US Bank Application Rules For 2nd Card

I was approved for the US Bank Cash + in December 2021.  I am in no rush to pick up another card, but I was curious if the application rules for a 2nd/additional US Bank card(s) are the same as for the first. It was suggested for my 1st card I be at 0/12 and 0 inquiries or at least no more than 1/12. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
boosnark
Contributor

Re: US Bank Application Rules For 2nd Card

I know of no such rule, or at least the rule didn't apply to me. My 2nd US Bank card was approved 9 months after the first. Once you've established a good track record of making regular payments (thus solidifying the banking relationship), it gets easier to apply for additional cards with US Bank.

Gardening until November 1, 2023
Message 2 of 3
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Application Rules For 2nd Card

@boosnark wrote:

I know of no such rule, or at least the rule didn't apply to me. My 2nd US Bank card was approved 9 months after the first. Once you've established a good track record of making regular payments (thus solidifying the banking relationship), it gets easier to apply for additional cards with US Bank.

@boosnark  Awesome!!!! Thank you for this info! This is great to hear! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.