Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CC - Soft Pull Offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank CC - Soft Pull Offer?

Opened an account with US Bank on 4/1. Was going to apply for Altitude Reserve but had just apped for the Wells Fargo Propel and got 15k. 

So I finally decided I would try for the Cash plus this morning. I applied, got a screen saying 7500 do you accept?  Well I have yet to have a hard pull register. Normally I get alerts. So its really weird. Not sure if they will do it later during the week but that's odd to me. Screenshot_20210411-060535_Chrome.jpg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank CC - Soft Pull Offer?

I got the same offer for 7500 and no hard pull yet. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a banking relationship with them and two credit cards. In my experience, the hard pulls were done once you accepted the card offer & terms.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 weeks ago I got approved for Altitude Reserve without any hard pull whatsoever...I know its very strange...to me too...but no hard pull at all...However, they did SP from all three major credit bureaus, including LexisNexis. Why they didn't do any HP then I don't know but it could be possible that on the same day they first approved Altitude GO wherein they did HP first from EX and then second HP from TransUnion. So, two different HPs for just one card- Altitude Go...Second HP was on the same day for CLI reconsideration right away when it got approved...In many cases, if you review them on over this forum as well, US bank didn't do any HP pull whatsoever whenever a reconsideration for a higher credit is made right away after opening an account. In my case, they did pull another HP and from another CB..and no HP at all for Altitude Reserve. Seems strange? Yeah....Defying odds/datapoints? Hell yeah....but then we all know that creditors sometimes work very strangely...that's why we often say- YMMV...

However, OP has not accepted the offer yet, so no HP could be there...Once an offer is accepted then most probably HP will show up.

Message 4 of 6
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a banking relationship with them and two credit cards. In my experience, the hard pulls were done once you accepted the card offer & terms.

Is this something that's new? I tried applying before, got a HP immediately, but was denied. Or is it something where if they approve you, they give you the option of accepting the terms and a HP, but if you get denied they do a HP anyways?

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Matt9543 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this something that's new? I tried applying before, got a HP immediately, but was denied. Or is it something where if they approve you, they give you the option of accepting the terms and a HP, but if you get denied they do a HP anyways?

This isn't in reference to a direct or cold application as a HP would be expected.  The OP provided a snapshot of a CC offer (depending on whether you meet certain USB prescreening criteria), and once you accept said offer, then a HP would occur -- approved or denied.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.