Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Plus - Chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash Plus - Chances?

So I applied for the US Bank Cash Plus yesterday.

This morning, I see they pulled my Experian report which was great news since it's my highest score and least inquiries.

I called underwriting and they had told me that the system denied my application because of inquiries but when he saw my report he was confused and immediately told me hes going to put the application back for an underwriter to manually review!

I only had 2 inquiries total on Experian when they pulled my report (both inquiries in the last 6 months)

My Experian Fico score is 754 with 21% Utilization and NO Negatives. 

Has anyone had a similar situation? What are my chances?

Ill call underwriting regularly and update here!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

UPDATE* 

So... I was denied again! But I asked the rep if I can speak to a senior underwriter..

So I waited and the rep asked me how much I'm looking for.

I said $5000 and he said they would look at the application again and try to approve me for the limit I need..

Ugh, hopefully good news this time! 

UPDATE* 3/5/2020

WOW!

Called Underwriting this morning.

The underwriter said they were just about finished with approving the application for the $5000, it just had to go through fraud.

I spoke to fraud, got all cleared up and boom $5000 approved! Yay! Thank God for recon!!!

15 REPLIES 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash Plus - Chances?

Manual review is common and good. How many new apps in past year?

How old is oldest account? Youngest account?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, only 2 applications in the last year. 2 inquiires total on my Experian file.

Oldest account is about 4 Years 3 Months old.

Youngest account was just opened last month. (This was a loan and the only opened account in the last 3 years)

Message 3 of 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, only 2 applications in the last year. 2 inquiires total on my Experian file.

Oldest account is about 4 Years 3 Months old.

Youngest account was just opened last month. (This was a loan and the only opened account in the last 3 years)

Id say you have a good shot. Conservative UW. New apps aren't bad. GL2U

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully I don't get one of those rumored $500 limits haha

Message 5 of 16
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This morning, I see they pulled my Experian report which was great news since it's my highest score and least inquiries.

I called underwriting and they had told me that the system denied my application because of inquiries but when he saw my report he was confused and immediately told me hes going to put the application back for an underwriter to manually review!

I only had 2 inquiries total on Experian when they pulled my report (both inquiries in the last 6 months)

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Forgive me for highjacking ur thread, but I'm also looking to apply for the US bank+ card in August once my 2 recent cards turn 14 months. ( I have 3 inquiries total: 1 on EX, 2 on Trans). I wanna know if u had to open a bank account with them also to get the card? I don't really want an account with them though just the card. 

Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 6 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your application!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

No prior history with US Bank by the way.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fated4Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Forgive me for highjacking ur thread, but I'm also looking to apply for the US bank+ card in August once my 2 recent cards turn 14 months. ( I have 3 inquiries total: 1 on EX, 2 on Trans). I wanna know if u had to open a bank account with them also to get the card? I don't really want an account with them though just the card. 

I only know this since I've read pretty much every US bank cash+ and altitude reserve thread here and reddit. For the cash+ you do not need a checking account, but USB does take into account a "customer relationship score". There's been no public info on what affects this score or what weight other accounts or assets with USB does, but it IS taken into account somehow. It seems like if your credit profile supports it, there's no need for any other products with USB to get the cash+ but it can help to open a checking or something to bump you from questionable to ok - that is the consensus but nearly impossible to test. Length of the relationship could also play a larger role rather than the fact that one exists.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with your application! 👍

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.