cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Plus : Should I apply now or wait?

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash Plus : Should I apply now or wait?

I’m really interested in getting the US Bank Cash Plus but I’m unsure if it’s ok to apply now or if I should wait longer. I have no prior relationship with US Bank. My card approval status is 0/6, 3/12, 11/24, my most recent cards are both 7 months old (Amex Gold and Apple Card). I will be at 0/12 in November 2021. Inquiries Experian 0/12, Equifax 1/12, Transunion 2/12. My Fico 8’s are Experian 768, Transunion 768 and Equifax 741. My card utilization is showing 1% on the MyFico 3 bureau report but it's only $21 out of $160K in available credit. Not sure if I should wait until I’m at least 0/12 on my card history or not? Would love to hear your opinion.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash Plus : Should I apply now or wait?

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I’m really interested in getting the US Bank Cash Plus but I’m unsure if it’s ok to apply now or if I should wait longer. I have no prior relationship with US Bank. My card approval status is 0/6, 3/12, 11/24, my most recent cards are both 7 months old (Amex Gold and Apple Card). I will be at 0/12 in November 2021. Inquiries Experian 0/12, Equifax 1/12, Transunion 2/12. My Fico 8’s are Experian 768, Transunion 768 and Equifax 741. My card utilization is showing 1% on the MyFico 3 bureau report but it's only $21 out of $160K in available credit. Not sure if I should wait until I’m at least 0/12 on my card history or not? Would love to hear your opinion.

3/12 may be a hard sell. Personally, I would wait until 1/12 or better 0/12. There are a few getting through with more new accounts, but I feel like it more often for their other cards, and that the Cash+ is still more of a 1/12 situation. Maybe others will have different advice 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't attempt until you're at least 1/12. No relationship and conservative bank. Many have been denied with 2/12.

The Elan Max Cash Preferred may have better odds. The card is very similar, a US Bank subsidiary, and UW not as strict with recent DP.

Message 3 of 8
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

3/12 may be a hard sell. Personally, I would wait until 1/12 or better 0/12. There are a few getting through with more new accounts, but I feel like it more often for their other cards, and that the Cash+ is still more of a 1/12 situation. Maybe others will have different advice 

Good luck!

@Anonymous Thank you so much for this info! I definitely can wait. I'll be 0/12 in November, and there's only 5 days between when I become 1/12 and 0/12.  I want to have my best odds of approval when I do apply!

Message 4 of 8
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

I wouldn't attempt until you're at least 1/12. No relationship and conservative bank. Many have been denied with 2/12.

The Elan Max Cash Preferred may have better odds. The card is very similar, a US Bank subsidiary, and UW not as strict with recent DP.

@blindambition thank you so much for this feedback. I will be both 1/12 and 0/12 in November so I can wait.  There's only 5 days difference between me turning 1/12 and 0/12 so it just makes sense to wait the extra week before applying. 

Message 5 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

@blindambition thank you so much for this feedback. I will be both 1/12 and 0/12 in November so I can wait.  There's only 5 days difference between me turning 1/12 and 0/12 so it just makes sense to wait the extra week before applying. 

US Bank is unique in that they will not actually count you as 1/12 or 0/12 until the 1st of the following month. So if you fall to 0/12 mid-month, you will still want to wait until the first of the next month to pull the trigger. Good luck!

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 8
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

US Bank is unique in that they will not actually count you as 1/12 or 0/12 until the 1st of the following month. So if you fall to 0/12 mid-month, you will still want to wait until the first of the next month to pull the trigger. Good luck!

@Ficoproblems247  Oh wow! Thank you so much for letting me know this! I was unaware!  I would have been applying thinking I'm 0/12 and in essence would in their eyes still be 2/12. 

Message 7 of 8
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Good luck!

@Jordan23ww ^^This^^ Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.