Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Prequalify Offer **UPDATE**

tag
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash + Prequalify Offer **UPDATE**

*UPDATE*
Called underwriting number and was told system declined due to 5 yr BK. He did recommend an underwriter look at my application and mentioned he was my first form of defense. I was also given a set APR and the terms and conditions and advised to call back later today for a decision. Hmmm? What do you think?

I checked the US Bank prequalify link and was prequalified for 3 cards. Platinum, Cash +, and Cash 360. My APRs were set at 15.99 for Platinum, and 16.99 for other two. I tried to apply, but the link seemed broken, so I applied as a regular app. Do you think that should make a difference? I also received the 7-10 day message. After I applied for theie card, I applied for the Gold Checking account since the fee is waived for card holders. That status is pending too. Any thoughts? My data points are in my signature. Thanks for any feedback!
**UPDATE**
Called App Status line and it said my application was unable to be approved. Smiley Sad I'll still call in the morning. 
|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash + Prequalify Offer **UPDATE**

Any update on the checking account? I know they're similar to Chase where they like banking history with them.

If you were approved for the checking account I'd go into a branch and see who can they can refer you to.
Message 2 of 6
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

Yes. Got a call from them that I had a security freeze on some unknown credit bureau. I never placed a security freeze on any bureau. They said I’d have to remove freeze or apply in a branch. They are a PITA! Still no word on credit card either. I’m not holding my breath at this junction!

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the updates. USB can be fickle. I hope it works out. Fingers crossed 🤞 

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@skorpyo3 wrote:
Yes. Got a call from them that I had a security freeze on some unknown credit bureau. I never placed a security freeze on any bureau. They said I’d have to remove freeze or apply in a branch. They are a PITA! Still no word on credit card either. I’m not holding my breath at this junction!

Yes applying for checking with US Bank is near worthless online.  Huge PITA.  If branch is close I would suggest just doing it there as it takes about 3 minutes vs. a few weeks of headaches with the incompetent online process of opening a checking account.  Only US Bank can make it so tough.  I gave up opening online due to the issue you mentioned and went into branch.  Just keep it open due to having a CC with them as it is free and never know when I will need a local checking acct. vs. my CU one

Message 5 of 6
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@skorpyo3 wrote:

Yes applying for checking with US Bank is near worthless online.  Huge PITA.  If branch is close I would suggest just doing it there as it takes about 3 minutes vs. a few weeks of headaches with the incompetent online process of opening a checking account.  Only US Bank can make it so tough.  I gave up opening online due to the issue you mentioned and went into branch.  Just keep it open due to having a CC with them as it is free and never know when I will need a local checking acct. vs. my CU one

No kidding! Once I am confirmed approved for the Cash + card, I'll just wait for the checking account bonus offer. Just thought it would help in the final decision of my card. Oh well...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.