Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ VISA approval odds

tag
RebelSon
Contributor

US Bank Cash+ VISA approval odds

Branch here in Cali said they pull TransUnion but wasn’t sure if it is FICO 9 or 8....

but anyway my TU FICO 8 - 738 /// TU FICO 9 - 745 /// TU FICO 4 - 706

7 INQ in last 12 months of which 3 were auto-related September of 2018,  most recent credit card INQ was 8/16/2019

1 year 8 months AAoA

3 credit cards and 1 auto loan opened in last 12 months

7% overall utilization

No baddies

33K Total credit line

What is likely hood of approval? Don’t want to waste a hard pull.

I have no prior relations to US BANK

I just want the rewards of this card

Thanks

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: 750
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ VISA approval odds

Your odds aren’t good. They are trying to force no more than 1 card in the last 12 months as a UW standard. There are exceptions but people have been denied the option to recon if it’s for new accounts, myself included. My last app they told me that they want to see at least 6 months on all of the new accounts I have added but she also stressed that 12 months would be best.

@shoegal got denied with 2 accounts and a 769 FICO.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/US-Bank-Cash-Denial-Should-I-Recon/m-p/571...

And here is the rest of that thread

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/US-Bank-Cash-Denial-Should-I-Recon/td-p/57...

If you look through this part of the forum, you’ll find many US Bank denials for new accounts and/or inquiries. They got even stricter since June because they started looking at a year instead of 6 months. 

Message 2 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@RebelSon wrote:

Branch here in Cali said they pull TransUnion but wasn’t sure if it is FICO 9 or 8....

but anyway my TU FICO 8 - 738 /// TU FICO 9 - 745 /// TU FICO 4 - 706

7 INQ in last 12 months of which 3 were auto-related September of 2018,  most recent credit card INQ was 8/16/2019

1 year 8 months AAoA

3 credit cards and 1 auto loan opened in last 12 months

7% overall utilization

No baddies

33K Total credit line

What is likely hood of approval? Don’t want to waste a hard pull.

I have no prior relations to US BANK

I just want the rewards of this card

Thanks

Wait about 6 months then try. Your new account from August is too recent. In addition, it's not just the number of accounts they look at.

They will frequently pull a report from secondary reporting agencies such as Sage Stream and if you bank with a FI that utilizes EWS, that will be available to them also. 

A little patience and some gardening is all you need. It's not that hard really. 

Computer told me to kick the rocks, but human approved it, then I got a second card from them 2 months later

It's not that hard really. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, I applied with 3 accounts and 3 inquries in the past 6 months and my app was trashed instantly for too many inquires/accounts. They were really rude about it too and laughed at me when i tried to recon. I believe they want a max of 1 account in the past 12 months. Seems to give off a pretentious vibe. No other bank is this rude and jealous, not even Chase.

Message 4 of 6
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 of their cards my first was a 500 limit, didnt have relationship with them, i do now, i never experienced what the others said about new accounts they are great cards and bank, the rewards you cant beat, since they always do a manual review i think its up to whats in your profile that counts in my opinon, they used to have a prequaify but sadly its no more, i was not prqualfied the first time i just did it , so good luck whatever you decideSmiley LOLHeart

Message 5 of 6
jb90
Valued Member

They are trying to force no more than 1 card in the last 12 months as a UW standard. 

This

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.