Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Signature Rewards card

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

US Bank Signature Rewards card

Hey guys, just wanted to get a general consensus on this card. I recently tried to get the Gold checking but for some reason either info didnt match or they couldnt verify. Anyhoo, i tried to get the 5% Cash card with it but figured with one denial the cc would be a dead end.

Today i got the AA letter. It said i would need to unlock/unfreeze all 3 reports to continue processing the app or to re-evaluate my application.

My question is do you think it would be a waste of time/potential hps for denial since i do not have a US Bank relationship or should i try? Hps stink but i get them all the time so a couple more dont bother me lol but if there really is no chance i wont even rock the craddle. Thanks for any insight, AJC
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Signature Rewards card

Depends on how many recent HP's you're talking about.  I got auto denied with 5-6 and on recon flipped the 2 cards to approvals and an additional recon to 10K/ea.

Message 2 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im sure i gotta couple on each this past 6-9 months. Not sure how many id have to check but i did just get dp for a recent cc on TU and Eq , which kinda took me by suprise. I really should just finally shut down apps for a year min , 2 would be my real goal but this would be an interesting card.From what i read they are really relationship bank so without that id most likely be throwing 3 hps away for nothing.
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apps were cold apps w/o any prior relationship and the checking account was an after thought to redeem the rewarss into.  Others start with Gold Checking to get the TU pull and CC on the same app.  

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have opened new accounts in the last 6 months, I would wait. I got shot down for 6 in 6 (5 cards) but there have been others who got rejected with less. If you get the right person in UW they will submit it for manual approval but us LIErs don’t have as much negotiating power since our spend is not much. 

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

LIE or not.... I only use them for recurring bills ~$100/mo for the 5% back

I got turned off when I used them on e-bay and got smacked with the FTF on a couple of purchases that were US based but their paypal came back w/ China registrations.

Message 6 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous . Excellent point. Though my profile isnt bad it is lol/24. Ill probably just add them to a small list if i can go 0/24 . I dont care for Chase so they arent end goal cards for me anyway. Appreciate your advice/experience. #LIErsClub2019 🤑
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks @Anonymous . Excellent point. Though my profile isnt bad it is lol/24. Ill probably just add them to a small list if i can go 0/24 . I dont care for Chase so they arent end goal cards for me anyway. Appreciate your advice/experience. #LIErsClub2019 🤑

They aren’t sensitive past 6 months really as long as you haven’t burned a bunch of new accounts after opening. I’ve kept every one of my new accounts open except for the Amex last year and that was closed for an entirely different reason. 

I was honestly surprised that was the reason for denial and not my burning them for more than $10K (I don’t remember the exact amount, it was less than $15K but more than $9K for sure) back in 2010. They only mentioned two things on the denial letter - new accounts was number 1, BK on report was number 2. EX FICO 9 of 720. 

Message 8 of 29
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to get a general consensus on this card. I recently tried to get the Gold checking but for some reason either info didnt match or they couldnt verify. Anyhoo, i tried to get the 5% Cash card with it but figured with one denial the cc would be a dead end.

Today i got the AA letter. It said i would need to unlock/unfreeze all 3 reports to continue processing the app or to re-evaluate my application.

My question is do you think it would be a waste of time/potential hps for denial since i do not have a US Bank relationship or should i try? Hps stink but i get them all the time so a couple more dont bother me lol but if there really is no chance i wont even rock the craddle. Thanks for any insight, AJC

AJC, I didn't have any kind of relationship with USB when I applied for that card and I had just been approved for 3 other cards that were already reporting.  They pulled my TU which, at that time, was my worst score at 660.  They approved 500-I reconned to 5k.  I've made a lot of money on that card-it was was definitely worth having. 

Message 9 of 29
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Since when did US Bank start triple pulling??  I always thought they were a straight TU puller

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.