Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Signature Rewards card

tag
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Signature Rewards card

I would probably wait due the how conservative US Bank is.  I applied for the Cash + card in March and was denied due to too many inquiries.  However, when I was approved for the Altitude Reserve last year, I had 3/6.  Not sure banking with them for 18 years helped or not.  It didn't for the Cash +.

For both, they only pulled Experian (I am in Nevada).  

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 21 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @Winesnoblv .
Message 22 of 29
GenesisLS
Valued Member

@AJC Fwiw I was a US Bank customer for 6 years and never got an offer, never got any prequals and they never offered to unsecure my 5 year old secured card... until I froze Sage/IDA and ARS. As soon as they froze I used the prequal tool and 3 cards popped up. Instant approval on the cash+ for 6.5k. Might be a coincidence but it only happened after those 2 obscure reports were out of range.
P.s. I ordered both reports and couldn't find anything terribly derogatory in them so not sure what gives

Message 23 of 29
GenesisLS
Valued Member

Pss. They only pulled TU but I did have to go through extra phone ID verification (maybe because I had those 2 on ice?)

Message 24 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great info @GenesisLS . Thanks . I think i can make a plan to freeze those reports and in future try again. I dont mind verification, its for our best interest and theirs.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to get a general consensus on this card. I recently tried to get the Gold checking but for some reason either info didnt match or they couldnt verify. Anyhoo, i tried to get the 5% Cash card with it but figured with one denial the cc would be a dead end.

Today i got the AA letter. It said i would need to unlock/unfreeze all 3 reports to continue processing the app or to re-evaluate my application.

My question is do you think it would be a waste of time/potential hps for denial since i do not have a US Bank relationship or should i try? Hps stink but i get them all the time so a couple more dont bother me lol but if there really is no chance i wont even rock the craddle. Thanks for any insight, AJC

@AverageJoesCredit  I had my savings acct not that long when i got my Cash+, so if it concerns you that much, you could try the same.  They do like when you are already a customer.   You know what my HP's were like back then too Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous Smiley Happy. Thats why i was going for the checking firstSmiley Wink. Quite possible my income could be a problem with USBank as they probably like Penfed want to see customers who they can profit fromSmiley Wink. Im pretty much maxed on different lenders i can access. Down here we cant appy for Barclays, Capitol One, FNBO, etc so options are more limited lol.
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the Signature card, but I was approved for the Fred Meyer Visa 4 years ago without any relationship with USB. SL was only $400 as well, but now it's at $8K. So they must not dislike outsiders too much.

Message 28 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great growth @Anonymous. They can be my Chase , next yearSmiley Happy
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.