Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank : a HP for a $1K CLI request! WTFICO! ***UPDATE***

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

US Bank : a HP for a $1K CLI request! WTFICO! ***UPDATE***

So I just read @SunriseEarth post a $5K CLI which most likely was a SP... Congrats to her!

So now I just thought about my Cash+ that
I just wanted to bring the $9K SL to $10K which has been sitting there the whole 14 months now. So I called the number on back of card, waited for about 18 mins before I got connected to a CSR. Said our pleasantries then told him I just wanted to increase my $9K CL to $10K.
I only asked for $1K since DPs around here would suggest that anything less than $1.5K request most likely results in a SP.
So after he read some CRA disclaimers of an inquiry and a few income and assets questions, he asked if I wanted it submitted. I said yes (thinking of the DPs we have here again) go ahead.
Well what do you know.... 7-10 days review!!!
I guess I have no problem with the HP cuz as in any CLI request, be thankful for the SP but be prepared for the HP. What ticks me off is that I only asked for a freakin Grand! Not worth a lick of a HP!
Anyways sorry for the rant folks it’s hump day so I hope y’all bear with me.
Will update y’all when my denial becomes official or they give me a CLI.
Oh by the way my CK -EQ HP lit up as soon as I hung up the phone.

So I called again early this morning, day after (thanks for the tip  @Remedios   <--- lol sorry no @mention privilege yet)  to clarify my requested CLI amount (was gonna aim higher this time and hope it wasn't too late) and was told that there wasn't any amount on the form filled out when I called the first time and that the system/UW will just give me an amount they'd be willing to give me. So I just hang up and went about my day.

Well I got home tonight, checked my account online and saw my CL went from $9K to $15K! 

So my EQ HP turned out to be a $6K CLI after all!! Lol!  I can definitely live with that especially coming from a conservative USB!!

Whew! Got me all riled up there for a minute.

So there you have it folks...

All's well that ends well.  Smiley Happy

USBcli.jpg

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank : a HP for a $1K CLI request! WTFICO!

Yup, that's the flip of the CLI coin. 

When in doubt shoot for the stars and wait for the counter.  Someone else recently was talking about asking USB for $500 to round off the CL and it baffled me why ask for $500 when you can ask for $50K and take the counter?

Message 2 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@JR_TX wrote:

So I just read @SunriseEarth post a $5K CLI which most likely was a SP... Congrats to her!

So now I just thought about my Cash+ that
I just wanted to bring the $9K SL to $10K which has been sitting there the whole 14 months now. So I called the number on back of card, waited for about 18 mins before I got connected to a CSR. Said our pleasantries then told him I just wanted to increase my $9K CL to $10K.
I only asked for $1K since DPs around here would suggest that anything less than $1.5K request most likely results in a SP.
So after he read some CRA disclaimers of an inquiry and a few income and assets questions, he asked if I wanted it submitted. I said yes (thinking of the DPs we have here again) go ahead.
Well what do you know.... 7-10 days review!!!
I guess I have no problem with the HP cuz as in any CLI request, be thankful for the SP but be prepared for the HP. What ticks me off is that I only asked for a freakin Grand! Not worth a lick of a HP!
Anyways sorry for the rant folks it’s hump day so I hope y’all bear with me.
Will update y’all when my denial becomes official or they give me a CLI.
Oh by the way my CK -EQ HP lit up as soon as I hung up the phone.

If it's being manually reviewed, call back and ask if you could change the amount (more!). 

If UW did not start the process yet, there might still be time. 

You already took the HP, so might as well try 

Also Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Yeah tried calling them back to ask for more $$ but was on hold for too long (my whole drive back home) so I just hang up. Will call them again tomorrow am. Hopefully not too late yet til another HP recon.  

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

C'mon, JR, your MF rep is on the lineSmiley Wink We dont lay down for nada!Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Did you call them sober? If so, that's problem number one. After having a few drinks you wouldn't have asked for a measly $1k. You would have asked for $11k

Message 6 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
C'mon, JR, your MF rep is on the lineSmiley Wink We dont lay down for nada!Smiley Wink

Lol AJC I think I’m gonna quote you tomorrow with the CSR when I speak with them.  “Hey we MFer NOT laying down for nada!! Best give me $10K CLI or close this darn card!” Lol

Message 7 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Did you call them sober? If so, that's problem number one. After having a few drinks you wouldn't have asked for a measly $1k. You would have asked for $11k

Yep not very good at “Sober-app’ing”. Should have listened to my buddy Jose C’ invite before calling! Dang now I’m thirsty! 

Message 8 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank : a HP for a $1K CLI request! WTFICO! ***UPDATE***

Good work, the improved CLi is worth it. US Bank is all HP's unless you have an SP offer. Most do not have the offer sitting around.

Overall changing a HP for 1k to an HP for 6k is a much better use of resources. If anything the rep you got the second time might have conveniently skimmed over the field with the requested amount for your benefit. That or the first rep did not believe you wanted only a single grand.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank : a HP for a $1K CLI request! WTFICO! ***UPDATE***

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it worked out. Congrats on getting the CLI approved OP.

Locking this thread as you have been approved for the higher CLI. Feel free to start a new approval thread in the Approvals forum if you would like to do so.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.