cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

@Trikoret wrote:
I got SL 23k for altitude reserve. I have CLI showing. Would I get another hard pull if I press it? I just got approved today for card?

If you contact the underwriting department right away, there's a good chance they won't hit you again with a HP. If you submit a CLI request online or over the phone with customer service, there's a much higher risk of getting a HP -- almost guaranteed. 

The other reason to contact the UW department is so you can tell them what type of increase you'd like them to consider. You're not able to ask for an amount online or with customer service.

I updated the very first post in this thread with information on how to go about it. Read the part about adding a note to your request and NOT asking for a specific amount.

Congrats on the approval, btw.

Message 91 of 122
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I ended up with two HPs when AR was approved. One for app, second one for SL recon 😐
Message 92 of 122
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I ended up with two HPs when AR was approved. One for app, second one for SL recon 😐

Sorry to hear. I've recon'ed the SL twice with USB. First with Cash+ and about a week later with AR. Both requests were declined at the time, which wasn't too surprising. I had to recon the application denials to begin with and they gave me $5k SLs on both. Then, I requested higher SLs and got denied, but without additional HPs.
Now, I've had the cards for about 2 years so things definitely change, but during that time, I've seen other people being successful at getting a CLI upon approval without incurring another HP as long as they reached out to UW. Those who went through customer service seemed to get a second pull. Then again, anything in the credit world is YMMV. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 93 of 122
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I had to recon Cash+ denial, that went through UW, and there wasnt a second pull.
AR, I just called and asked for more, so it did go through customer service and there was a second pull.
I honestly dont care, it was worth it to me.
I have three scorable HPs on TU, all from my US Bank adventures, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more lol
Message 94 of 122
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I had to recon Cash+ denial, that went through UW, and there wasnt a second pull.
AR, I just called and asked for more, so it did go through customer service and there was a second pull.
I honestly dont care, it was worth it to me.
I have three scorable HPs on TU, all from my US Bank adventures, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more lol

Agreed. Some HPs are definitely worth it. My Cash+ is still at $5k for 2 yrs and I haven't asked for a CLI because it's pointless to me. 5% categories max out at $2k, so I won't take another hit to make it grow. However, AR started at $5k after a double recon, so I barely got in. Now, it's at $40k but it took me 4 HPs to get there: 1 for initial application; 1 for CLI after 3 months (denied: too soon); 1 for another CLI right before first year ($25k); and the lastest one at the end of 2019 to get to $40k. This card is getting a ton of spend, so I'm not really done with it.

Message 95 of 122
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Neither am I. My TU is getting tugged like pigtails at recess. Luckily no one else really cares about TU, so 🧦 can have it. 

I'll keep asking as long as my spend on it justifies it. Considering card is barely 7 months old, they've been good to me. If HPs keep them happy, so be it 

Message 96 of 122
ChefCurry
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations @ChefCurry! 7 months old and success on both? Awesome! Any new accounts since then or HPs?

No new accounts or HPs

Message 97 of 122
ChefCurry
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats awesome to hear! I might try to go for an CLI ina  few months. I want to pay down a few cards first. Does it actually tell you if its a soft or hard pull?

No it does not tell you. But I have not receieved any HPs still. So I'm sure it is a SP.

Message 98 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump just wondering if anybody would like to offer data points on whether they are still receiving SP CLIs from USB?
Message 99 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a little over three months since the soft-pull CLI. I checked just now and it has verbiage: "By submitting a credit limit increase request, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit bureau report which may affect your score."

I canceled out of it, not wanting an inquiry right now. I'll try again in 3 months to see if that language changes.

Anybody else try after 3 months? What's your results?

Message 100 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.