Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank approval chances?

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

US Bank approval chances?

I apped Sunday for the USB cash+ I have had the platinum for about a month, I’ve thought about just doing a PC but I really like the 20 months of 0% interest even though I don’t intend on carrying a balance. I’ve ran a little over 1k through the platinum so far and carrying a 150.00 balance right now which I’ll address in a few days. I did call since the system can’t find the application and spoke with a lady about it. She explained that since I have an approved card already it won’t show up in the system and it’ll take about 3-5 days. Any one else have a similar experience with USB! If so, what was the outcome?

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank approval chances?

yeah, their status line sucks.  I put in 2 apps and it never picked them up.  Just ask for someone to talk to.  As to the previous approval knicking it out of the system.... I think that is a bogus answer.

Just keep pestering them for an update and they're kind of slow with things but, eventually you'll get an outcome out of them and then decide if it's worth a recon attempt depending on the answer they give you.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I often find that they are slow with communication if you are approved. Check online and see if the card is listed. If you are approved, it generally shows up before they let you know.
Message 3 of 29
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Ok, just hung up with them, the guy said “everything looks good and is moving along nicely, it looks like it’s leaning towards approval” just waiting on final approval basically the way he made it sounds. I keep checking my app and the actual website - nothing as of yet. They definitely march to the beat of their own drum!

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol the app status line can’t find my application either. I don’t know that I want to bother them so I guess I’ll just forget about it and see what happens.

They certainly do seem to take their time with these things!
Message 5 of 29
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I just keep logging in and checking to see if it’s added, at this point it’s all I can do. I’ll advise what happens either way.

Message 6 of 29
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

So I spoke with the verification department this morning passed that now on to underwriting for either approval or denial. He did say I should have something within 24 hours, most likely today and I’d get an email letting me know 🤞

Message 7 of 29
xaximus
Valued Contributor

US Bank is known to take some time on their applications, most of the time, it either has verification and/or underwriting. Generally, it's best to give at least 3-5 days for any US Bank application.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 29
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

What FICO Score do they use? I’ve seen a couple of comments on here saying they use Fico 9.

Message 9 of 29
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Generally - depending on state - they are a known TU puller. But there has been instances/states where they have pulled EQ/EX.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.