Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank approval chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank approval chances?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking with all of the changes mentioned in this thread it's time to compile a USB Datapoints Thread to track things.

If you’re a myFICO regular, US Bank is not for you. 

/thread 😂 

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

/thread 😂 

Or is it?  I have 2 of them already 365/Cash+

If you're a regular you know how to deal with them before applying Smiley Wink  It's okay though..there are bigger fish in the sea... w/ less hassle even.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

/thread 😂 

Or is it?  I have 2 of them already 365/Cash+

If you're a regular you know how to deal with them before applying Smiley Wink  It's okay though..there are bigger fish in the sea... w/ less hassle even.

It was sarcasm but they do appear to be getting tougher to crack. I am not going to sit there and beg UW for a card. There are plenty of other cards that I don’t have to beg for. 

Message 23 of 29
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if a different representative would have helped but the person who submitted my app for reconsideration was not very personable. Therefore, I did not have the opportunity to dazzle her with my charm and wit. The rep I spoke with when calling for recon status was great. I will forever believe she'd have gone to bat for me.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, you're not the only one getting the "dry" rep on the phone.  They're stuck in a cubical like everyone else tied down to a headset.  I think USB though is normally a bit monotone about the whole thing.  I think the most straight to the point experience I've had was when I called up PNC after an APP and they gave me the reasons over the phone w/o the whole song and dance about waiting for the letter to come.  The worst was dealing with BMO where they wouldn't say a peep for 7-10 days while the letter was in the mail just to get the letter that says "you're not in our service area" which was odd because they let me open a checking account with them....which was later closed by them because I wouldn't call them back when they had questions about something... reviews were pointing to them wanting to do a sales pitch on products and ask questions about personal finances.

Message 25 of 29
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Caardvark. not to derail the thread but what was the denial reason?

I am currently groveling big time over AR

@Remedios - The UW for the AR has definitely gotten stricter. I spoke to a CSR a few days ago and asked about possibly applying for the AR and they said that it's not easy to get as it was before. Apparently in the last few months/possibly a year, they have tightened up the restrictions on it. I wasn't able to get a reason why but I'm guessing it's probably economy based. Depending on your profile, it's definitely not a bad card but personally, I feel like the CSR is better. Now if you use one of the pay (apple, samsung, google, etc) and need 3x for travel, it's a good card. Otherwise, the CSR is better at 3x for travel and dining. Just my 2 cents.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 26 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@xaximus wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Caardvark. not to derail the thread but what was the denial reason?

I am currently groveling big time over AR

@Remedios - The UW for the AR has definitely gotten stricter. I spoke to a CSR a few days ago and asked about possibly applying for the AR and they said that it's not easy to get as it was before. Apparently in the last few months/possibly a year, they have tightened up the restrictions on it. I wasn't able to get a reason why but I'm guessing it's probably economy based. Depending on your profile, it's definitely not a bad card but personally, I feel like the CSR is better. Now if you use one of the pay (apple, samsung, google, etc) and need 3x for travel, it's a good card. Otherwise, the CSR is better at 3x for travel and dining. Just my 2 cents.

CSP will be ready for upgrade in December. 

I was told same as you by UW, and his suggestion was clean living for 6 months, no new  inq or apps 🤷

My approval for Cash+ was only couple of months ago. I have 3 new cards (including Cash+) in the past 16 months. By the time I am ready to apply, I should be down to 2 cards in 20 months. 

If that still "bothers" them, I will certainly reevaluate my goals at that time. I don't feel like I've gone overboard, but we'll see. 

The bulk of my stupid apps happened mid 2017. 

I want it, though Heart 

Message 27 of 29
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

@Remedios

Me too. Me want.

I'll be on the lookout for your results when you proceed. Assuming you are successful, I'll give it another go in January which will be 7 months of clean living and 2 accounts in 16 months. I'll even pay tribute to the Don in the form of non 5% category spend leading up to it. But if that doesn't work... Forget it. I'm done. I will refuse to try again (for at least another six months Smiley Mad)

Message 28 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and closed to new messages. 

The new thread can be found here:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Re-US-Bank-approval-chances-Update-Approved/t...

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.