Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update:// approved ! US Bank secured card app question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:// approved ! US Bank secured card app question

Thank you everyone for your insight, for an email this morning regarding approval!

Hello , new to the forum but I’ve been lurking for a while now. Trying to start on my rebuild journey. Does anyone know from experience if this would be an approval or denial ?

We are unable to provide an immediate decision about your application at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. If your application is approved , the funds to secure your secured credit card account will be deposited in your secured savings account within 2-10 business days after approval. You will be notified of the decision via U.S mail within 30 days

Should I give them a call ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank secured card app question

Welcome to the forum!

US Bank manually reviews most of their apps.  It wouldn't hurt to call.  I believe they work M-F Central time.  You can call 1-800-947-1444 to be patched directly into underwriting which are the people you'll need to talk to.  GL!

Message 2 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

I originally got the same thing - give them a call!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, during the first year of my rebuild, I had not one but two US Bank Secured Cards. The no AF Harley Davidson Secured Card, and the SkyPass Visa which I've now closed since it had an AF. The only reason I have still have the HD is because I've got a ton of points that I use for random gifts from the Harley Davidson Store.

I received that message following both apps. It stressed me out. Eager, much like yourself, I called in. UW told me that it's a standard message. The reason being is that they can not give an "approval" on a secured product until they've collected the funds via your funding source, and established an Savings Account in your name.

You can call in for your own sanity, but I don't think it's necessary. Keep an eye on your bank account over the next couple of weeks. Make sure the funds are available, and that the withdrawal doesn't get rejected for some weird reason. When your account is debited, consider that an approval. You can also call the UW number which is an automated service that gives you real-time app status. The number is 800.947.1444.

Best of luck to you and be patient! Secured Cards take a while to process.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were very helpful to me when I called recently. They just approved me for a charge card. However, they never have before. We had had an account for around 4ish years.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your replies ! So us bank took the deposit this morning , I’m assuming that’s a good thing ? I had called them but they just told me it was in process and didn’t necessarily say it was a bad thing or denial Smiley Happy so hopefully it’s an approval !
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.