tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

US Bank; to recon or not

At the end of May I went on a small spree I received the following;
Chase Hyatt instant approval $8.6k
Amex Hilton Honors $1k
Amex Delta Gold $1k
US Bank Cash+ 7-10 days lead to denial for too many new accts (this was the sole reason listed).

I am 9/12 and 7/6 including the most recent approvals; 6/12 and 4/6 prior to spree. US Bank was a goal lender and Cash+/Altitude Reserve are goal cards that would get alot of use.

Would you recon or let it go and try later?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank; to recon or not

Did you get hard pulled by u.s. bank? If so you don't ever want to waste a no... Id call recon and huca till u get approved. That's how I got BoA premium rewards card with 16k limit... And that was card #9 since January
Congrats on Hyatt card that's one of my favorites
Message 2 of 12
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Yes it was HP. I'm hoping for Chase offers on FU and CSP but know they can be finicky. The long term US Bank scenario is pretty well known but Chase is a question mark. Cash+ now Altitude by years end.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 12
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
At the end of May I went on a small spree I received the following;
Chase Hyatt instant approval $8.6k
Amex Hilton Honors $1k
Amex Delta Gold $1k
US Bank Cash+ 7-10 days lead to denial for too many new accts (this was the sole reason listed).

I am 9/12 and 7/6 including the most recent approvals; 6/12 and 4/6 prior to spree. US Bank was a goal lender and Cash+/Altitude Reserve are goal cards that would get alot of use.

Would you recon or let it go and try later?

I'd definitely give them a call and attempt a recon. Do you have any sort of relationship with U.S.Bank? They are big on the relationship factor and you might be able to leverage that when you call. If you don't have any accounts with them, I'd still recon the denial because you will need some relationship in order to reach your goal of acquiring the Altitude Reserve. I believe it is still only open for current U.S. Bank customers. 

Message 4 of 12
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I don't however I tried to open checking about 2 months ago and couldn't because they aren't in the state. I've heard fantastic things about them and the cards would be great for my goals. Altitude does still require a relationship.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 12
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I don't however I tried to open checking about 2 months ago and couldn't because they aren't in the state. I've heard fantastic things about them and the cards would be great for my goals. Altitude does still require a relationship.

I've had checking and savings with USB for 5 or 6 years now, as well as a Cash+ for almost 2 years, and they are an excellent bank. When and if you take the plunge with them, I can't recommend their customer service highly enough. I hope you get both cards at some point and wish you luck! 

Message 6 of 12
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks. From what I understand 6 months of history, treating them well, minimal new apps, and a decent profile is more than enough to get an Altitude approval. From the interactions I've had they seem fantastic!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call U.S. Bank Credit Card Underwriting Services at (800) 947-1444.  Its an automated line, but there's a menu option to speak to a representative.  Explain to the representative that you'd like reconsideration of an earlier decision.  The rep doesn't do the underwriting, but they will put your app back into the queue for an underwriter to review and you hear from them in about 2-3 days.

Message 8 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

If you do recon, Id suggest having a good reason why you have 9 accounts. Thats alot of new TLs for a conservative lender. Did you get any cards on their prequal site?  680 TU might be ok. 4 yr AAoA is fine. 

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 12
Caught750
Valued Contributor

They told me the score was absolutely fine and the only issue was the new accounts. They only saw 6 accounts as three haven't reported and they were the first app. I am rebuilding, was credit card free for many years, and have been establishing positive TLs. Initially I went with lenders that were not goal lenders or opened accounts with the intent to establish payment history for the future (such as PenFed). That's 3 of the 6 accounts. I knew I needed history so I took 2 Cap1 cards. Then got Discover and Amex. Then I joined PenFed and took a card for history for vehicles and/or a mortgage in the future.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.