Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank will not recon denials for too many new accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank will not recon denials for too many new accounts

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Sorry to hear about the recon not working, but new accounts and recent inquiries is definitely a YMMV thing with them.  Both of my cards went to manual review (I notoriously had to recon the SL on the Cash+) but were approved being ROFLMAO/24, LOL/12, and HA/06, with many inquiries for new accounts and lots of HP CLI action.

Obviously it’s going to be different when you’re looking at my profile vs yours. Income aside, I have the BK black eye and I’m in that limbo period where my BK is old enough that I could file again which I’m sure is an added risk indicator. 

I am also not really one to sit there and plead my case with UW. The only reason I even ended up having to talk to the rep was because the automated system couldn’t find my app. 

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In the future you should get pre-approved with a CU for a low rate and walk into the dealership and tell them you only want 1 INQ for their best rate if it beats your pre-approval rate.

I didn't have the shotgun approach when dealing with Audi but, then again I've played the Auto Roulette of INQ's game before.  If you've ever bought a car from a dealer before you know they're going to do it.... just don't authorize it before they do.

When we bought our Sport S Jeep we told the dealer the rate we had at Navy and he said he could not  touch it.  With auto dealers and high scores ie 740 and up just walk in with a very good approval and don't let them waste your time on  hp s

Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In the future you should get pre-approved with a CU for a low rate and walk into the dealership and tell them you only want 1 INQ for their best rate if it beats your pre-approval rate.

I didn't have the shotgun approach when dealing with Audi but, then again I've played the Auto Roulette of INQ's game before.  If you've ever bought a car from a dealer before you know they're going to do it.... just don't authorize it before they do.

I’ve never seen a CU advertise what I consider a low rate and I doubt a CU could have touched .9%.  I told Lexus I didn’t need my credit ran, but they insisted they had to because they were a different dealership.

Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have two US Bank cards and I find them ok but nothing super special. One is Cash plus with 5% as utility as one of the uses.   The other US Bank card is Business Select.   We added the business select to replace Capital 1 for biz and personal since they bucketed my personal card but not biz card.   I don't like the US Bank website.   I also think their limits are a little low. $6K personal, $15K biz. Time will tell about the limits. 

Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We have two US Bank cards and I find them ok but nothing super special. One is Cash plus with 5% as utility as one of the uses.   The other US Bank card is Business Select.   We added the business select to replace Capital 1 for biz and personal since they bucketed my personal card but not biz card.   I don't like the US Bank website.   I also think their limits are a little low. $6K personal, $15K biz. Time will tell about the limits. 

They have always had an awful website. I had them back in 2010 for immediately before my BK filing when I switched to a CU so they couldn’t freeze my checking and I was blown away at how technologically superior the CU was. They even printed my debit card and handed it to me in branch that day, didn’t have to wait more than 5 minutes for it to print!

The US Bank website still looks quite dated so I can only imagine how it is to use now. 

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They have always had an awful website. I had them back in 2010 for immediately before my BK filing when I switched to a CU so they couldn’t freeze my checking and I was blown away at how technologically superior the CU was. They even printed my debit card and handed it to me in branch that day, didn’t have to wait more than 5 minutes for it to print!

The US Bank website still looks quite dated so I can only imagine how it is to use now. 

We are vendors for US Bank and NEVER tell them we have accounts with them.   We are scared we would offend them

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank will not recon denials for new accounts

I got my letter today and it actually says too many inquiries, not new accounts. Whatever, I am definitely done trying with US Bank. 

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.