Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank

I applied for the US Bank Platinum, but since they wanted to do a manual review, I applied for Amex and Chase and got approved for both.  Think my US Bank one will be denied because I hit my reports with those two other apps in a week?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank

Always possible, but I don't think 2 apps will scare US Banks.. The accounts havent hit the CB yet and US Bank could of pulled a whole another CB, so they might not even see that you apped for anything.. Wouldn't worry about it to much

Message 2 of 18
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Us Bank is notoriously slow and they will normally manually review 95% of apps.  I bank with them, have products with them and was still manually reviewed.  Took 5 days if I remember correctly to even get some sort of response.  800-947-1444 is the app status line.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

During my recent app spree I got the US Bank Cash+ card. I had to do a recon and give up my first child to get approval, and when they did it was for $5k.

Message 4 of 18
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I was instant online approved for a $10k Plattie (now cash +), and $15k LOC two yrs ago....app'd at the same time.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the US Bank Platinum, but since they wanted to do a manual review, I applied for Amex and Chase and got approved for both.  Think my US Bank one will be denied because I hit my reports with those two other apps in a week?

U.S Bank likes to manually review most of its application.  The decision can swing either way and 2 applications will not scare them.  It all comes down to your credit profile and the other reports they use also.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck my sister had one of their cards i think but ive never heard nothing bad!

Message 7 of 18
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In a perfect world, US Bank pulled a report as soon as you applied and therefore won't even see they INQs from Chase & Amex. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said it takes about three days, okay fine.  The thing is, I have a nervous twitch, so to speak, so I checked the automated application line a lot, just like I check my credit every day, even though not much changes daily.  I guess those are just things I do in auto-pilot, like checking email or FB everyday.  Sooo five days have passed and when I got a person on the phone, she said each time I called the auto line, it "set back" my application and said to give it a couple days.  Which I think is dumb and I've NEVER heard of that before.... someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway, I haven't seen an email approval or denial, nor have I seen a new card pop up on my online banking.  So what the hell is taking so long I wonder.  

Message 9 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They said it takes about three days, okay fine.  The thing is, I have a nervous twitch, so to speak, so I checked the automated application line a lot, just like I check my credit every day, even though not much changes daily.  I guess those are just things I do in auto-pilot, like checking email or FB everyday.  Sooo five days have passed and when I got a person on the phone, she said each time I called the auto line, it "set back" my application and said to give it a couple days.  Which I think is dumb and I've NEVER heard of that before.... someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyway, I haven't seen an email approval or denial, nor have I seen a new card pop up on my online banking.  So what the hell is taking so long I wonder.  

lol I don't buy that one bit lol...  If so that is just dumb, but i still don't buy it..  Have you called UW or was that UW that stated that?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.