Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank altitude go further information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US bank altitude go further information

Wow. I had no idea the FTF applied to eBay purchases. I guess I never considered that as a reason to have a no FTF fee card.  Instead I only considered the fee during foreign travel.  Thanks for mentioning this. 

For clearification if you are a seller on Ebay and someone buys from another country then yes they will deduct the final price and convert the price from the buyers to the seller rate. (Taken from Ebay For example, if your registered address is in the US and you create a listing on eBay.de for which fees are due (such as insertion and/or optional listing upgrade fees), eBay will convert your funds from USD to EUR using the transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of listing, in order to collect these fees. When the item sells on eBay.de, eBay will calculate your payout amount by converting the sales proceeds from EUR to USD using the transaction exchange rate applicable at the time of the sale.) I am not a seller on Ebay.  I am a buyer on Ebay.  When I go to Canada I buy the SIM card from Canada and have them ship to NY on Ebay using PayPal and there is a FTF fee and so that way my TD Bank Visa or my Capital One or Discover Card will not be charge with a FTF fee.  Since TD bank Visa is going to charge a FTF fee of 3% I am leaving them. They are not a bad bank or anything it is just the FTF fee that gets me that is all.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

I just applied for the US Bank Altitiude Go Visa Signature card and now I am waiting to hear from the bank if I get approved or not. I might have to give some additional document and info.

Message 12 of 22
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you get it!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.  My Discover card just alert me that a new inquire from Experian was pulled and when I checked the credit inquire from my Discover card it was US Bank just did an Inquire from Experian!  The name they indicated is US BANK CONSOLIDATED and they are in ND, Fargo.  Strange my Capital one credit card did not alert me.  On well... At least one of my credit card bank alerts me that is good enough.

Message 14 of 22
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.  My Discover card just alert me that a new inquire from Experian was pulled and when I checked the credit inquire from my Discover card it was US Bank just did an Inquire from Experian!  The name they indicated is US BANK CONSOLIDATED and they are in ND, Fargo.  Strange my Capital one credit card did not alert me.  On well... At least one of my credit card bank alerts me that is good enough.

This is because the HP was most likely only on Experian . US Bank likes Experian in some areas. Discover is looking at Experian so it gave you an alert. Capital One generally just uses TransUnion so they will not know until the account shows up on TransUnion . I think you have selected a very good restaurant card. I have had my share of servers go OMG and drop the card because it was heavier than expected.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know there will be a Hard Pull as with any new credit card applications.  In 2010 I did apply to Capital one the old "No Hassle credit card" No no longer avalible.  It was a great credit card then 2% cash back on gas and groceries and 1% on everything.  Now it is only Quick Silver 1.5% on everything.  I miss the good old days on Capital one.  Discover card did not alert back then when I applied Capital one back then.  In 2008 I applied to Discover Card and they used TransUnion back then.  Unless they switch Equifax now.  Also when I applied to TD Bank back in 2009 Discover card didn't even alert me that TD Bank did a Hard Pull back.  Oh...... now I remember why didn't Discover card alert me for Capital One and TD Bank it's becuase back then Credit card comapnies did not even give us a credit score for FREE until 2016..Dah me!  Thank you I just selected this credit card becuase of no foreign transaction fee that's all and no annual fees.  The care is heavy?

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE. I just got an email from Capital one that says There’s been a change to your Experian® credit report. Heads up: A lender requested a copy of your credit file.

OK now I feel better Capital one email me.  Cool.  Now I only have to wait if I get approve or not.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called to see what my status to see if I was approved or not and the rep who picked up the phone said "it is still in processing" and she said the verifycation department is "up to" Nov 23,2021 processing thoses.  WOW they "backlogged".  The lady said call back next Thursday Dec 9,2021 to find out if it went to the underwritting services.  WOW it needs 2 weeks to process but then it's backlogged.  So the rep said that this is the order it goes by. It got to verification and if it needs more information or not and then the underwritting services and it will determine your approved or it denied.  OK I am waiting patiently for my credit card.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great News! I just got approved!!! Wow it didn't take 2 weeks like what I said about the previous post.  I got the email yesterday 12-3-21. So it takes 6 days for it to process.  OK close to 1 week.  Since now I just got approved for a new credit card with US Bank I want to know how I can setup the "instant credit card" to use now becuase I don't have the physical credit card. I read somewhere in here that you can have an instant credit card where if you don't have the physcial credit and you need to wait in the mail you can use this feature.  How can I create an accouny without my physcial credit card?  If I can't use the instant credit card I just have to wait no harm done.

Message 19 of 22
practical1
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Wish I could help with your question -- try calling customer service?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.