Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA's Pre-Approved Disapproval

tag
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: USAA's Pre-Approved Disapproval

Citi Costco card allows you to set maximum monthly spending limits (resets at beginning of each new billing cycle -- full limit is reported to CRA's) for authorized users. This is the only Citi card I have with an authorized user, so I'm not sure if other cards from Citi offer this as well.
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:
you can still add an authorized user (your son) just don't give him the card

That's not what we are looking for.  We want a card he can use all the time.  

All our other USAA cards are upwards of $30k limits and I don't find it particularly bright to put a $30k+ card in the hands of an 18-year-old.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

AFAIK, You cannot modify AU limits on any Visa cards. All card holders have the same card number (with possibly varying expiration and CVV numbers.)

Amex lets you do this easy peasy. Discover and MC let you toggle on/off specific AU cards.

Many banks and credit unions do not use the same number for all cards on the account.  OCCO doesn't.  Navy Federal doesn't.  USAA doesn't.  But neither allows you to set independent limits.   

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.