Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA still says NO - BK7 reference

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

USAA still says NO - BK7 reference

First time in 4 years and 7 months that anything related to a credit card offer has popped up on my USAA login.

Sure it didn't have a set APR and it apparently was just marketing but I wasted the HP only to be rejected.

They referenced:

Wage Earner Plan or Bankruptcy
Serious delinquency and public record or collection filed
Proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts is too high
Length of time accounts have been established

Score 673.

Kind of a joke considering BECU just accepted with open arms and a 10k low APR cash back visa.

Hope this helps others.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: USAA still says NO - BK7 reference

I am pretty sure USAA is 5-7 years after BK, they are pretty strict on that for the most part.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Why is it a joke? BK7 has serious consequences and we are lucky when lenders let us back in. My original bank still want give me time of day and thats says somethingSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Hex
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reminder tussking! USAA is my goal card (any USAA CC) but I’m a year behind you (BK wise) and I’ve been declined twice already (since my 7/2016 BK DC). Last attempt was last May. I have never had a credit product with them so they weren’t burned. Never burned any cards and BK is the only derogatory on my report. They simply don’t like BK’s and they don’t like my profile. I’ve had a checking account with them for about 15 years and never had a problem. I still want a USAA card (kind of a fixation) so I still think about it. I’m sorry you got declined but thanks for posting because your post just saved me another HP and rejection this year. I think 5 years post DC it might be possible for us. I also should mention (not that it will stop me from eventually applying again) that their cards aren’t all that great. We both already have better cards with better rates and rewards -they just aren’t from USAA. Please post when you do get approved someday and I will do the same. 😃
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.