Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Go card app or not to app

tag
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

USBank Go card app or not to app

Got an ITA from USBank for their Go Visa card with $200 / $1000 spend SUB.

Im a  little hesitant to app  because new accounts Im currently 0/6  4/12   5/24

However, I do have their Cash+ card which is 10 months old with $500/month average spend.

Thick file ~30 open accounts  <1% AZEO

Should I wait?

Thanks for stopping by

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: USBank Go card app or not to app

At 4/12 I would wait til at least you are 2/12 if you want to take a risk, 0-1/12 for the best chance. US Bank as you noted does not like new accounts so while I won't say it's impossible the odds are not in your favor

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Who knows what US Bank will do 🤷‍♀️ 

I got a pitty approval for Connect with a lot more new accounts than you have.

If you are putting decent spend on Cash+ and you happen to bank with them, they will probably approve.

If not, who knows. I did see some approvals for Go in a situation similar to yours, so it's not completely hopeless. 

In any case, if you really want this card, it's a single HP, it's not worth the agony. Try it and see what happens 

Message 3 of 4
calisig
Regular Contributor

I have been following a lot of US Bank data points, and have seen many good approvals of applicants who were 3/12 - which resulted in 4/12 after approval. So I think 2/6 & 4/12 are the US Bank guidelines, but not a rule. I would wait until you are 3/12 and would app then. IMHO it is not necessary to wait until you are 2/12. Good luck

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.