Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USbank recon failed

tag
bmis42988
New Contributor

USbank recon failed

So I applied for the altitude go about 10 days ago and just recieved my denial letter for too many inquiries. I went over my report and counted 20 but 15 of them were for auto loans over a year ago for shopping out the loan for the best rates. I called in to the recon line and spoke with the rep about the reason I was denied. I told her that the majority of them were for an auto loan and because of my banking history and products with them, I asked them to reconsider their decision. She placed me on hold and came back and said "Everything on your report looks good but we like to see no more than 3 or 4 inquiries and you have quite a few more than that." I went on to explain again that they were from an auto loan. She said "regardless of where they're from, we only like to see 3 or 4 inquiries max. I would let them fall off and reapply in a year." I thanked her for her time and decided not to pursue it any further.

Some DPs:
Pulled EX: 686
20/24 inqs (5 for CC's, rest are auto)
3.6 years AAoA
Have 7 years of banking history with a secured card that has not graduated.

TU: 687 EQ: 670 EX: 665
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USbank recon failed

@bmis42988 wrote:

So I applied for the altitude go about 10 days ago and just recieved my denial letter for too many inquiries. I went over my report and counted 20 but 15 of them were for auto loans over a year ago for shopping out the loan for the best rates. I called in to the recon line and spoke with the rep about the reason I was denied. I told her that the majority of them were for an auto loan and because of my banking history and products with them, I asked them to reconsider their decision. She placed me on hold and came back and said "Everything on your report looks good but we like to see no more than 3 or 4 inquiries and you have quite a few more than that." I went on to explain again that they were from an auto loan. She said "regardless of where they're from, we only like to see 3 or 4 inquiries max. I would let them fall off and reapply in a year." I thanked her for her time and decided not to pursue it any further.

Some DPs:
Pulled EX: 686
20/24 inqs (5 for CC's, rest are auto)
3.6 years AAoA
Have 7 years of banking history with a secured card that has not graduated.

US Bank and Chase are really impossible to get new credit from if you have so many inquries. I too have quite a few. Citi Bank and their co branded cards would be a good choice for you. Like the Best Buy Visa. Also PenFed may look the other way. Don't give up there are plenty of good cards and banks that will take you on.

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

"US Bank and Chase are really impossible to get new credit from if you have so many inquries."

Thanks

Mark

Guess I am the outlierSmiley Very Happy

Thanks

Smart

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

OP, Sorry for you US Bank denialSmiley Sad

Hang in there, we've all had them. You'll knock it dead one day!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"US Bank and Chase are really impossible to get new credit from if you have so many inquries."

Thanks

Mark

Guess I am the outlierSmiley Very Happy

Thanks

Smart

They may issue you cards since your specialSmiley Surprised

I have that with Citi , WF and a few others. They rather throw a good customer a bone then deny them.

I do not have that kind of relationship with Chase or US Bank. I just have a few credit cards with each and the cards that I do have are very old 

Thanks

Mark

Message 5 of 8
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Have you considered applying to have your secured card graduated? 

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 6 of 8
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@bmis42988 Sorry to hear about denial I think also your score might have a play as well.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 7 of 8
sjt
Senior Contributor

When do those 5 credit card inq. fall off?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.