Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUUGH! Dell Financial Services can't verify my information....x2

tag
ncogngro
Valued Member

UUUGH! Dell Financial Services can't verify my information....x2

Just like the title states.  Back in February, I applied for dell financing.  Didn't think that I would qualify since I was 3 months post BK discharge.  I was preapproved for $2000 at that time, so I completed the app.  Received a notification that  I had to call the fraud verification number.  When I called, they stated that they couldn't verify my info and stopped the process.  Cost me an hp on experian.  Fast forward to last week.  I'm now 11 months post discharge.  I tried again to apply for financing.  Preapproved for $4000.  Cont'd with app.  Received the same notification to contact the fraud verification number.  Once again, they couldn't verify my info and rejected the app.  Another hp from experian and no results.  Spoke with a supervisor who was no help, just spitted out their scripted message that they cannot verify me.  Just frustrated because of the wasted pulls and was preapproved.  Has this happened to anyone applying to DFS?

Closed Accounts

CH 7 Discharged 11/05/20. Scores on 11/09/20:

Scores on 01/11/21:

3 Month Post Discharge Fico 8 Scores on 02/04/21:

Fico 9 Scores on 02/04/21:

6 Month Post Discharge Fico 8 Scores on 05/05/21:

Fico 9 Scores on 05/05/21:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: UUUGH! Dell Financial Services can't verify my information....x2

Do you have any of the lesser known CRAs frozen? (Innovus, Sagestream, Lexus Nexus, etc.) This can cause ID issues with a few different lenders.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

Do you have any of the lesser known CRAs frozen? (Innovus, Sagestream, Lexus Nexus, etc.) This can cause ID issues with a few different lenders.

This. Experian uses LexisNexis. LexisNexis relies heavily on Sagestream (now owns them). Sagestream pulls data from Innovus. If you block (freeze) any links in that chain it may cause verification issues. If in fact none of those CRAs are frozen, I would suggest pulling your CRs from each for accuracy which probably should be done anyway.

Message 3 of 7
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

This. Experian uses LexisNexis. LexisNexis relies heavily on Sagestream (now owns them). Sagestream pulls data from Innovus. If you block (freeze) any links in that chain it may cause verification issues.

Thanks for the insight. I work in IT and knowing from a technology perspective that Experian is just an intermediary is very interesting. The source of the data does not lie with them it seems. 

Current Cards:
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditPacMan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

This. Experian uses LexisNexis. LexisNexis relies heavily on Sagestream (now owns them). Sagestream pulls data from Innovus. If you block (freeze) any links in that chain it may cause verification issues.

Thanks for the insight. I work in IT and knowing from a technology perspective that Experian is just an intermediary is very interesting. The source of the data does not lie with them it seems. 

The CFPB lists about 45 CRA's that store data on consumers other than the "Big Three". There are actually many more than that behind the scenes. On the CFPB website there is a pdf list with contact info to request what information is stored in your files.

Message 5 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ncogngro wrote:

Just like the title states.  Back in February, I applied for dell financing.  Didn't think that I would qualify since I was 3 months post BK discharge.  I was preapproved for $2000 at that time, so I completed the app.  Received a notification that  I had to call the fraud verification number.  When I called, they stated that they couldn't verify my info and stopped the process.  Cost me an hp on experian.  Fast forward to last week.  I'm now 11 months post discharge.  I tried again to apply for financing.  Preapproved for $4000.  Cont'd with app.  Received the same notification to contact the fraud verification number.  Once again, they couldn't verify my info and rejected the app.  Another hp from experian and no results.  Spoke with a supervisor who was no help, just spitted out their scripted message that they cannot verify me.  Just frustrated because of the wasted pulls and was preapproved.  Has this happened to anyone applying to DFS?

Get a copy of your Lexis Nexis Consumer Disclosure Report and check for things like having someone else's information also attached to your profile, you could for example have both your and someone else's SSN listed on your report.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 7
stw715
Regular Contributor

Did they ask you some ID verification questions before they denied you or was straight away denied when you call? And why app for the second time if whatever the issue was from the first app didn't get straightened out?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.