cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Application Link Not Showing in iOS app? UPDATED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Application Link Not Showing in iOS app?

I wonder where this card ranks with Barclays. Is it one of the harder or easier cards to get from them?

Message 21 of 22
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: Uber Visa Application Link Not Showing in iOS app? UPDATED

The same thing happened to me when I downloaded the Uber app, no app showing for credit card application.

But when you signed up for the Uber app you gave an email address. I received an email with the credit card app a couple days after I signed up.

I went to the link offered in this thread and I found this disclaimer to be quite interesting:

"This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). Please see the About This Offer section of the Terms and Conditions for important information."

So....the purpose for these types of rewards cards is to, exactly that, maximize rewards to benefit you. How are they going to determine what is, or isn't, "consistent with typical consumer activity"? And what is going to be their definition of too many "multiple credit card account applications/openings"?

These are very vague definitions - and it seems that they are discriminating against people who want to maximize the benefits of their cards. Isn't this why they put caps on category spending and why we all have a credit limit on the cards to begin with? That kind of behavior and disclaimer seems a bit inordinate and flagrant.

Is this what's to come of credit card companies in the near future?

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.