Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Uber Visa Approval Odds

I pay the $40 a month for myFICO is that the same as if i were to pull for the dollar off CCT ?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re already getting everything that CCT would give you, possibly more, so no, doing the trial wouldn’t show you anything extra.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought thank you Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
BH1985
Regular Contributor

Your scores are actually better than mine when I got approved and I 4 open had collections. I'd wait six months or so and not apply for any new credit during that time before applying for this card though. The reason is you have a few new accounts and a relatively thin profile. You don't want to get a marginal approval with a high APR and $500 limit like I did. They've since bumped me to $6,500 with two separate hard pulls but they refuse to reduce my APR.

Check out my UBER Visa approval.

Message 14 of 16
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Hey there!

Here's my experience with Barclays and Uber.  When I did a cold app to them, I had a Capital One secured with a $500 limit, and a Sony Financial through Synchrony with a $2400 limit.  I had them for a little less than two years, at the time.  I had just apped to AMEX and got a SL for the BCE card of $10000.  That floored me.  I also apped a week or so after that to Citi for the DC card and got a SL of $3100.  I figured that Uber was going to be cake.  It wasn't.  They rejected me.  Not to be defeated, I used the knowledge on the board here to recon with Steve and got a SL of $500.  That limit stayed the same for about a year and a half and recently just did an HP to get to $5000, their offer which was much more than I requested.

My recon conversation with Steve was along the lines of my lack of credit.  He was only seeing the Capital One and Sony card.  We had a really good discussion and he felt confident in overturning the decision. 

To this date, even with the low limit until a few days ago, it is my favorite card to use, along with my Citi DC.  The 4% for food is a huge benefit for me and I have made quite a bit of cash back already in the year and a half that I have had it.  I like being able to move that cash into my savings account to save up.

I can't remember my DPs at the time, but I feel like they were around the high 600s or low 700s.  My utilization was non-existant.  And I was in the middle of my car loan with current payments.  My AAoA was around 2 years.  

I hope this reply helps.  If you do go for it, best of luck to you.  It's a nice card to have when you are dining out.  Just take very good care of it.  What I read before is true in my case..."When you are good to Sir Barclays, they will be good to you."  Keep in mind something else that's also true..."Sir Barclays is a very jealous lover."  :-)

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have stated, I'd garden for a bit longer as Barclays can be tricky and you don't to waste a HP.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.