Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Uber Visa Credit Card Data Points Thread for Approvals

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my eye on this card (before going into the garden) and now it shows up EVERY time I open the uber app to order a car -__-

So those who got approved for the card, how are you liking it so far? How fast is Barclay with the cashback rewards?

Card is good for a no AF card.. Can't beat 4% back on food/bar and 3% on airline/hotel for a no AF card.. Granted I have the CSR that I use more, but as a "backup" no af card that is suppose to have travel partners in the future you can't beat it really.. Believe points post at statement cut if i am not mistaken.  Right when I hit the 500 spend I got the bonus the next day though if that is what you are wondering as well.. Very easy 100 dollars for a no af card and a TU pull

Message 111 of 333
arkane
Established Contributor

I wish I hadn't opened the Uber app because I promised I'd stop card shopping after apping for 2 cards within 10 days of each other. Then read this thread and saw Barclays pulls TU only so figured it was worth the risk (2 other inquries were on EQ -- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa & Discover It) for a good dining/travels cash back no AF card. 

Background: before my app spree I had only one BoA Cash Rewards card of 5 years but with a CL that eventually reached 15K. Never bothered applying for more credit because there was no need and I didn't see the point in having more than 1 CC (will circle back to this later). So after 5 years of gardening (always PIF, never used more than 15% of CL) I was sitting on a TU08 score of 802. Finally broke down and figured I should actually put it to good use so hit that app button and got an instant "further review required blah blah wait 10 days blah blah". 

Called the Barclays backdoor number, and was told by the analyst the computer DENIED my app because of "insufficient credit history". (???)'

As the analyst performed the manual review he was very curious why I "only" had 5 years of credit history. He then expressed concerns that I had "only one open account". Thankfully as he reviewed my report, he noticed I had zero derogs, always PIF and kept util low,  and eventually returned with a "my compliments on using your BoA card very responsibly, so today I'll approve you for a 5K limit". Smiley Very Happy

tl;dr Only one CC with 15K limit and 5 years, 802 TU08 score, denied by computer, but approved with 5K on manual review. 

Lesson of the day: having only one open account, regardless of how spotlessly clean it is (and even with a >800 FICO), can be seen by some lenders as a risk (I actually understand where they're coming from on this one). Well glad I finally got out of the garden then, can't imagine what would've happened if I tried to get a mortgage on this thin of a file. Smiley LOL

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 112 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicccee!!! That's great to hear! I can't wait to get out of the garden next year to get this card Smiley Happy

@SBR249 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my eye on this card (before going into the garden) and now it shows up EVERY time I open the uber app to order a car -__-

So those who got approved for the card, how are you liking it so far? How fast is Barclay with the cashback rewards?

IDK about the sign up bonus since I just received my card recently but the rewards points posts with the transaction. I see them added to my total available points immediately. 

Message 113 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been going back & forth on whether I was going to apply for this card or not. I'm fairly new to credit & my score is being dragged down by my utilization. Long story short I finally gave in & applied after reading some of the posts here.

About me at time of applying
TransUnion 671 - total utilization 31% - 5 inquiries since 2016 - AAoA 1.4 years
Equifax 630 - total utilization 38% - 9 inquiries since 2016 - AAoA 10 months
Experian 666 - total utilization 33% - 14 inquiries since 2016 AAoA 1.4 years

Saks Fifth Avenue Store Card - 9.5k - 3.8k used
Amex Blue Cash Preferred - 10k - 1.2k used
BofA Cash Rewards - 1.5k - 1.4 used
BofA Bankamerica - 2k - 1.8 used

I first called to see if I could apply over the phone. I was informed it was online only. I knew I wouldn't get the instant approval, so I submitted & got the 10-day notice. I called in right away for a recon & spoke with a lovely rep named Jenny. She verified my identity & then I was on hold for a couple minutes while reviewed my application & my credit file. Came back & asked me some simple questions. Why is my utilization so high on the 2 BofA cards? They're my newest cards & they have a 0% intro APR so why pay them now? & Why is my Saks card over 30%? Because I work at Saks & I shop there way too much. How much do I usually pay on my cards each month? Amex & Saks card are paid in full every month. (Amex & Saks hadn't reported yet. I just got impatient.) BofA cards I pay anywhere from $35-50 each month. I've never missed a payment on anything. Was placed on hold again for a few minutes. Came back saying I was approved for $5000. She said "We love that you pay 2 of your accounts in full every month."

After that I called about an hour later & spoke with a man named David if I remember correctly. I wanted to try for a CLI while they were still on the same hard pull. They said they could do a 1 time soft pull & review so I asked for $8000. I went through the same process, verification, hold, basically the same questions & I got upgraded to $8000. This is my 2nd application with Barclay, but my first approval. Hopefully the relationship stays as pleasant as it's begun.

Message 114 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is super helpful. Thanks for sharing!

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been going back & forth on whether I was going to apply for this card or not. I'm fairly new to credit & my score is being dragged down by my utilization. Long story short I finally gave in & applied after reading some of the posts here.

About me at time of applying
TransUnion 671 - total utilization 31% - 5 inquiries since 2016 - AAoA 1.4 years
Equifax 630 - total utilization 38% - 9 inquiries since 2016 - AAoA 10 months
Experian 666 - total utilization 33% - 14 inquiries since 2016 AAoA 1.4 years

Saks Fifth Avenue Store Card - 9.5k - 3.8k used
Amex Blue Cash Preferred - 10k - 1.2k used
BofA Cash Rewards - 1.5k - 1.4 used
BofA Bankamerica - 2k - 1.8 used

I first called to see if I could apply over the phone. I was informed it was online only. I knew I wouldn't get the instant approval, so I submitted & got the 10-day notice. I called in right away for a recon & spoke with a lovely rep named Jenny. She verified my identity & then I was on hold for a couple minutes while reviewed my application & my credit file. Came back & asked me some simple questions. Why is my utilization so high on the 2 BofA cards? They're my newest cards & they have a 0% intro APR so why pay them now? & Why is my Saks card over 30%? Because I work at Saks & I shop there way too much. How much do I usually pay on my cards each month? Amex & Saks card are paid in full every month. (Amex & Saks hadn't reported yet. I just got impatient.) BofA cards I pay anywhere from $35-50 each month. I've never missed a payment on anything. Was placed on hold again for a few minutes. Came back saying I was approved for $5000. She said "We love that you pay 2 of your accounts in full every month."

After that I called about an hour later & spoke with a man named David if I remember correctly. I wanted to try for a CLI while they were still on the same hard pull. They said they could do a 1 time soft pull & review so I asked for $8000. I went through the same process, verification, hold, basically the same questions & I got upgraded to $8000. This is my 2nd application with Barclay, but my first approval. Hopefully the relationship stays as pleasant as it's begun.

Message 115 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to say that i'm loving the card for sure!! I didn't have a 4% cash back for restaurants so this is great.

I added the following to autopay so that i can meet the $5k/year spending and receive $50 back...comes out to around $416/month spent:

1. Sprint

2. Spotify

3. Netflix

4. Cox Cable

5. Home Alarm

6. Dog Insurance

7. San Diego Gas & Electric

Message 116 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted to say that i'm loving the card for sure!! I didn't have a 4% cash back for restaurants so this is great.

I'm loving mine too! especially the fact that they post reward points instantly. I already got my sign up bonus as well courtesy thanksgiving shopping!
But they seem to be really picky with monitoring fraudulent transactions. I made a bunch of purchases on the Thanksgiving eve and they somehow thought one of them is fradulent, I had to call next day and confirm that it wasn't! 
I'm traveling overseas soon for a few weeks, and I'm worried they would block my card stating a fradulent transaction! I did notify them about my travel but they were like 'Thanks for notifying us, however we might still want to double check some of your transactions when you are traveling'. I would love to use this card considering there is no foreign transaction fees.

Message 117 of 333
Anonymous
Not applicable

TL;DR: Not getting an instant approval isn't always a bad thing

Was thinking of PCing my MC Cash Forward, but was getting too antsy to wait for CSR to reply to my message only to (most likely) be told that it's a no go.

12/6 around 2300 PST applied and got the "under review" message. Took me by surprise since I thought I should be a shoo in (relevant data at end of post). Called the 5793 backdoor number after 30 minutes of waiting for the approval e-mail (I was THAT cocky lol), and asked nicely if there's anything I could do to help them make a decision. Rep just gave me a different number to call during EST business hours along with a reference number.

Thought that was a bad sign so I just decided to let things be and not call in (I was scared of getting grilled over the phone by an analyst ha!). 12/7 at 1430, got an email that I got approved. Looked at my account and found they gave me a 14k SL on the Uber Visa. So I guess NOT getting an instant approval isn't always a bad thing.

TU: 788
INQ: 2
Derogs/lates/records: 0
AAoA: 2yrs 8mos
Util: 2%
Accounts opened in last 6 mos: 0
Accounts opened in last 12 mos: 2
Accounts opened in last 24 mos: 5
Other CCs with Barclay: 1 at 13 months old
Total exposure with Barclay after approval: 21.5k
Income: High 5 figures
Message 118 of 333
DWA10

I literally made an account for the sole purpose of sharing that I was APPROVED. So excited.
-
After being bombarded in email and app, I finally decided to take the plunge and apply. Initially received a 30 day msg and I'm not fond of being left up-in-the-air so I went searching to find the meaning of this and how easy/difficult approval is for the card and stumbled across this thread.
-
After reading everyone's stories, I decided to call for recon (about an hr after applying.) The young lady asked me a few verification questions, my income and what I do for work, why the high utilizations, etc. (all with a bit of an attitude) And ultimately came back with a denial, but I was determined to get this card. I waited 3+ hrs and called back, got ahold of a different agent and again was asked to verify my identity then income, put me on hold and came back with an approval of $1000. She explained why such a low limit (young credit file and high uti.) and was very kind, so I asked could she maybe do me a favor and bump to 2k but because of my details she could not. The max extra she could do was $250, so I settled. Initial denial, recon denial, then 2nd recon approval at $1250.

About me at time of app:
Started on credit in Fall 2016 (21, college grad w no loans etc)
Victorias Secret CC - $850 (1yr 2mo., 44% utilization)
Gap CC- $650 (10mo., 68% utilization)
Torrid CC - $500 (8mo., 21% utilization)
Best Buy Visa CC - $2k (2mo., 90% utilization)

TU score 657, 4 inquiries
Equifax score 645, 10 inquiries
Experian (???)
FICO8 score 646

Typically always have a high balance on the store cards. Received the BBCC in oct. and paid off the entire balance a few days ago (cycle has not ended yet, so this *was* on my file at the time of pull.) No late payments, or anything else bad other than high utilizations. And this was my result.

I know it's not as much as all the veterans on this thread lol but it's enough for me.
Message 119 of 333
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@DWA10 wrote:
I literally made an account for the sole purpose of sharing that I was APPROVED. So excited.
-
After being bombarded in email and app, I finally decided to take the plunge and apply. Initially received a 30 day msg and I'm not fond of being left up-in-the-air so I went searching to find the meaning of this and how easy/difficult approval is for the card and stumbled across this thread.
-
After reading everyone's stories, I decided to call for recon (about an hr after applying.) The young lady asked me a few verification questions, my income and what I do for work, why the high utilizations, etc. (all with a bit of an attitude) And ultimately came back with a denial, but I was determined to get this card. I waited 3+ hrs and called back, got ahold of a different agent and again was asked to verify my identity then income, put me on hold and came back with an approval of $1000. She explained why such a low limit (young credit file and high uti.) and was very kind, so I asked could she maybe do me a favor and bump to 2k but because of my details she could not. The max extra she could do was $250, so I settled. Initial denial, recon denial, then 2nd recon approval at $1250.

About me at time of app:
Started on credit in Fall 2016 (21, college grad w no loans etc)
Victorias Secret CC - $850 (1yr 2mo., 44% utilization)
Gap CC- $650 (10mo., 68% utilization)
Torrid CC - $500 (8mo., 21% utilization)
Best Buy Visa CC - $2k (2mo., 90% utilization)

TU score 657, 4 inquiries
Equifax score 645, 10 inquiries
Experian (???)
FICO8 score 646

Typically always have a high balance on the store cards. Received the BBCC in oct. and paid off the entire balance a few days ago (cycle has not ended yet, so this *was* on my file at the time of pull.) No late payments, or anything else bad other than high utilizations. And this was my result.

I know it's not as much as all the veterans on this thread lol but it's enough for me.

Congratulations! And a big thank you for sharing your data points with us! And nevermind anyone else's limits, only your limit matters!  😉

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 120 of 333
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.