Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uber Visa and Paypal Mastercard Approval Odds

tag
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Uber Visa and Paypal Mastercard Approval Odds

Hello fellow FICOers, what are the odds of me being able to get the Uber Visa card and the Paypal 2% mastercard? My credit scores and current cards are in my signature along with my AAoA. I applied for the Paypal 2% mastercard back in March and was denied for too many inquiries. Only had 4 inquiries when i was denied for it but my AAoA at that time was 6 months and i think it was due to my short credit history that Synchrony denied me. What would be my odds for both of these cards when i let my oldest account reach 1 yr?

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Uber Visa and Paypal Mastercard Approval Odds

Wait 6 months.

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have a good chance for Uber. They are inquiry sensitive and looking at yours, you don’t have a lot. Took me a few tries before I got the Uber card.
I have a score of 760 and 15 inqs when I got approved.
Message 3 of 10
Batsamandrobin
Regular Contributor

I'd wait a few more months, but then you should have good approval odds for both. Even with a short history, I'm surprised you were denied for the PayPal 2% MC in March. I applied around the same time with a TU score of ~680 and was approved with a 2k SL. AAoA was around 15 months at the time. With your scores, I think you'll be in line for a nice approval on the PayPal when the time comes. 

Message 4 of 10
luxlight
Regular Contributor

That's the only explanation that i've thought of. Because at that time, i had low 700s across all the bureau and exactly 6 months AAoA. Also they pulled Experian instead of Transunion in my case and Experian had most of my inquiries on it

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 5 of 10
BH1985
Regular Contributor

Here's a link to a thread I made when I was approved last month.

Uber VISA Approval

Good luck!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did you wait until you called to recon? I applied yesterday and received the dreaded "request pending" email.

Congrats on the approval!
Message 7 of 10
BH1985
Regular Contributor

I reconed almost immediately after submitting the application and getting a 7-10 day message.

I went to use the restroom and then called the backdoor number. It was around 4:00 PM on a Tuesday.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding. I just got off with a rep and they said I was denied because i needed to submit more docs or something. Gave me a PO Box to send copies of DL, SS#, and utils/bank statement.

@BH1985 wrote:

I reconed almost immediately after submitting the application and getting a 7-10 day message.

I went to use the restroom and then called the backdoor number. It was around 4:00 PM on a Tuesday.

Message 9 of 10
BH1985
Regular Contributor

That’s an approval most likely. They need to verify your identity, that’s all.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.