Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh.....why does Disco hate me?

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Ugh.....why does Disco hate me?

Dont feel bad OP.

I've had my discover for 20 months now roughly. Started out at $200. My fico scores has increased 180 points since first getting the card.

I ask every month for a CLI but have only been approved twice. currently sits at $1600.

In the past 3-6 months I've had several approvals for 10K-19.8K CL's. I'm not what discover is looking for.

Discover is great for some but after they nerfed about every good benefit from the card. They aren't what I'm looking for either.

I keep the card open because its my oldest open account.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noximus03 wrote:

Had the it card for about 110 days at $1500 initial CL, and my FICO's have increased by 25-38 points since approval day. I tried online today to get a CLI.....no dice. Like insta no. I called in and the nice lady told me I havent had the card long enough?? I'm guessing CLI criteria is different from user to user? 

My card went five months and no dice...  after that, I got three increases, $500.00, $500.00 and $1,000.00 three months in a row.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowfactor wrote:

I've had my discover for 20 months now roughly. Started out at $200. My fico scores has increased 180 points since first getting the card.

I ask every month for a CLI but have only been approved twice. currently sits at $1600.

In the past 3-6 months I've had several approvals for 10K-19.8K CL's. I'm not what discover is looking for.

It's all relative honestly and when you look at it from that perspective, you're doing just fine.  A $200 SL could be their lowest possible (I'm not sure) which is suggestive of a weak profile in their eyes.  That being said, you've taken your SL to 8X what it was.  My SL was $12,500; 8X that would be an even $100k limit.  I'm not even to half of that, so in terms of a percentage/proportional gain you're actually in a very good place in terms of growth.  It's really just your extremely low SL that suggests otherwise, but looking past that your growth isn't bad.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.