Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ulta Store Card Credit Limit Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ulta Store Card Credit Limit Increase

I have the Ulta Store Card and I can't seem to get an increase. I read somewhere that you should wait until 9 months so I did. I'm about to hit 10 months now. I know its still pretty new. But I make purchases and pay them off and my letter states that its because of the lack of real estate loans. Which is weird - why would they care about a real estate loan being on my credit report if it's Ulta?! I just want an increase! Should I keep trying? Any tips to getting approved for one?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ulta Store Card Credit Limit Increase

That’s not why they’re denying you. The reasons they send actually are reasons why your score isn’t 850. What other reasons did they give, what are your scores, and do you have any derogatory info on your files? Knowing this info can help us help you with a strategy.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that card and they automatically increased my limit. Just wait for it to happen.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Ulta Store Card and I can't seem to get an increase. I read somewhere that you should wait until 9 months so I did. I'm about to hit 10 months now. I know its still pretty new. But I make purchases and pay them off and my letter states that its because of the lack of real estate loans. Which is weird - why would they care about a real estate loan being on my credit report if it's Ulta?! I just want an increase! Should I keep trying? Any tips to getting approved for one?

Message 3 of 7
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I just kept submitting a CLI request like once a week until I got one. It's a soft pull, so you can do it as many times as you want. I put A LOT of spend on my card, so I was able to get a few increases pretty quickly. I still have a $500 balance on it and it's always had a balance when I got my CLI's. I got the card in March of last year and I think I started at $300 and I'm now at $3,150. I hate that they're always a weird number, but they it seems like they give increases in $500-$750 increments. At least, that's been my personal experience. 

So feel free to smash that CLI button! 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still haven't gotten one 😭

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummm just kidding. Just tried again. Went from 250 to 750. Okayyyy! 😁😁😁

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thread now locked as op was approved.
Congrats on your increase! Feel free to start a new thread in approvals. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.