Update: APPROVED Barclay apple chances?

tag
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay apple chances?

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You’re going to be far too risky for Barclays to even think about touching you, sorry. 

Not necessarily, This forum is filled with people that have been approved for this exact card anywhere as soon as 2 months to 6 months post DC. so again, asking for more of a DP perspective, but thanks for your opinion. 

You have a wallet full of store cards and three secured cards, I don’t know what makes you think that Barclays is going to extend you a card when they deny people with 100 points more and no secured cards. I seriously wonder if even Sync would approve you for the PayPal Cashback MC at 28.99% right now. 

These ARE DPs by the way, you will not get approved by Barclays right now. 

Okay Barclay denies people with higher scores and different accounts. They also approve with lower scores and much less time out of BK. So you're incorrect on that one. Again I didn't open the accounts I have because I needed them. I opened them since they benefit me. I could gladly pay for everything via debit, but why do that when I can earn rewards at all the stores I shop at and not pay interest if I PIF every month? Ex: It's only the 3rd week of Jan and I'm 1/3rd of the way to reaching Nordstrom Icon status. It earns me benefits at no cost, so why not. 

Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You’re going to be far too risky for Barclays to even think about touching you, sorry. 

Not necessarily, This forum is filled with people that have been approved for this exact card anywhere as soon as 2 months to 6 months post DC. so again, asking for more of a DP perspective, but thanks for your opinion. 

You have a wallet full of store cards and three secured cards, I don’t know what makes you think that Barclays is going to extend you a card when they deny people with 100 points more and no secured cards. I seriously wonder if even Sync would approve you for the PayPal Cashback MC at 28.99% right now. 

Okay Barclay denies people with higher scores and different accounts. They also approve with lower scores and much less time out of BK. So you're incorrect on that one. Again I didn't open the accounts I have because I needed them. I opened them since they benefit me. I could gladly pay for everything via debit, but why do that when I can earn rewards at all the stores I shop at and not pay interest if I PIF every month? Ex: It's only the 3rd week of Jan and I'm 1/3rd of the way to reaching Nordstrom Icon status. It earns me benefits at no cost, so why not. 

If you believe you’re going to get it, then go for it. You argue with everyone who tells you that you won’t get it and you’ve already been declined for it once. If you had a credit card that wasn’t secured, I would be more inclined to give you a more favorable chance at approval but they are going to deem you too risky right now. 

Message 12 of 18
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you believe you’re going to get it, then go for it. You argue with everyone who tells you that you won’t get it and you’ve already been declined for it once. If you had a credit card that wasn’t secured, I would be more inclined to give you a more favorable chance at approval but they are going to deem you too risky right now. 

I'm not arguing with everyone. I'm asking for DPs from people with a BK who have applied for this specific product. I also do have a regular CC that isn't secured, but ok. I was denied in the past for mainly not enough establishment history. That was the only reason on the decline letter, on recon they mentioned the new accounts, but it wasn't the deciding factor. Anyway I decided to apply now and I was approved instantly so again, thanks for your input.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not arguing with everyone. I'm asking for DPs from people with a BK who have applied for this specific product. I also do have a regular CC that isn't secured, but ok. I was denied in the past for mainly not enough establishment history. That was the only reason on the decline letter, on recon they mentioned the new accounts, but it wasn't the deciding factor. Anyway I decided to apply now and I was approved instantly so again, thanks for your input.

If I would have known Indigo that was in your signature wasn’t secured, I would have said you had a decent chance of approval which I mentioned in my last post, congratulations on your new card. 

Message 14 of 18
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

thank you! haha now off to the garden Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonnyc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If your regular CC was in your signature, I would have said you had a decent chance of approval which I mentioned in my last post, congratulations on your new card. 

It is. Although its a $300 limit, my indigo is not secured

I realized my mistake and actually edited the post before you got your response up lol. 

Good to see a DP on this one though, there’s always so much negative posted about Barclays. I personally wanted to get that card when I got my XS Max last year but I read too many horror stories of them CLD and balance chasing which pushed me away from it. 

Edit: we are both on a ninja editing spree lol. Welcome to the garden. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

So happy this worked itself out..

Both the card and the convo.. Just sayin'  twothumbsupgif.png

OP Congrats.. And please understand members advise based on the DPs and what we "see" happen most often.

Better to prepare you for the worst case scenario than say: "yeah jump on that app" and get a denial..

Ya know?

Anyway, Congrats.. Glad it worked out for you.. cheersgif.gif

Message 17 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Update: APPROVED Barclay apple chances?

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Update-Approved-Barclay-apple/m-p/5471721

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.