cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Approved for Amazon but denied Walmart Store Card!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Approved for Amazon but denied Walmart Store Card!?

I'm confused as to how I could be approved for an Amazon store card last week with a $1300 SL but when I applied for the  Wal-Mart store card I got the 7-10 day message, called in, and found it was denied. My TU was 708 as of 5/9/18 and I've got three hard pulls on TU between 4/1 and now...well Wal-Mart makes 4.

Not a big deal since I was supposed to be in the garden anyway. I'll reapply next year of I'm still interested. But I sure can't wait to see that letter.

So the letter from Synchrony arrived today (via email, that was nice) and the sole box checked as reason for denial was "Number of recent credit requests"  It was 4, just FOUR!  Well 3 prior and this one made 4 and one of the 3 prior ones was their very own amazon store card.  Oh well, I'm thrilled it wasn't something really bad, which just tells me things are looking up and if I really WANT this card (which I probably don't) I just need to wait a while until some hard pulls fall off the old report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Amazon but denied Walmart Store Card!?

Sorry about that..

It's tough to say for sure until you see the letter..

I staggered my sync accounts out- I always had at least 3 months between any apps for new sync cards.

IDK if that helps or not but I was approved for the 4 cards I app'd for.

Perhaps try applying again in 3 months..

CHEERS

Message 2 of 5
aircobra
Regular Contributor

I got approved for a Walmart store card (at the cost of 3 HPs for the same **bleep** app, that I need to get corrected) with lower scores than yours. It is weird that you would be approved for one but not the other.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, Syncrhony is weird.  I got approved with in minutes of one another last year for Walmart(400)/Amazon(200)/PayPal Extras(300).  Score was definitely waaay lower than yours.  Was either right after my 1st statement or before 2nd, I hit the luv on Amazon and it went up to 2000.  Mean while...months later...the other 2 are still constantly being denied.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Approved for Amazon but denied Walmart Store Card!?

I applied for a JCPenney card and got denied a couple days ago. Just applied for Amazon store card and got approved...so weird!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.