cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: DENIED Third NFCU statement today, what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Third NFCU statement today, what to do?

@Anonymous 

All have the same underwriting with the exception of the Flagship. Just pick the one that fits into your profIle the best and meets your needs. 

Message 11 of 31
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

You can always PC (product change) later but will not get the SUB.  The Platinum has a low initial interest rate but carrying a balance isn't the best thing to do anyway right?  $150 back on the CR is good, the 25,000 points on the MR is better.  That equals exactly $250 big ones. 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 12 of 31
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Best of luck!  I look forward to Approval Thread!

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called about the denial and I was told to wait for the letter. Also, if anyone has the secured card it seems like extending a line of credit on the card is a relatively new thing with navy. It'll happen at the third statement. 

Message 14 of 31
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear about the denial. I would wait for  the letter and then recon. When I first joined navy I applied to refinance my car. It was a denial, they said to wait fir the letter. The balance on my loan was too high, I needed to pay it down by about $350 before they would refinance. So, get the letter see what they say and then recon.  Sometimes it works. Good luck. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: DENIED Third NFCU statement today, what to do?

@Anonymous 

Ugh, I know how that denial feels. You've gotten some great advice regarding waiting to see what the letter says and regroup from there. The sting of the 'no' will be less by then as well. IMHO, another HP (or several) are not game changers when we are starting to build. Honestly, I see it as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work (yet). We never know if we don't try. I started from zero credit (like no scores) in July 2019 and I have a zillion HP's (no seriously, I really do) across all bureaus. My scores are now in the 720-735 range and I am in the garden until January.

Specifically regarding Navy, I got my first card in January of this year. I tried for card number two at 91/3, no go and a HP. Decided to guinea pig it for other members of the community and tried again after my fourth statement. Another HP and another no go. Tried again the day after statement number five closed and was approved for a Platinum at $14K. To me, the multiple HP's were worth the outcome but YMMV. There may be a chance that you get the 'too new' letter which means there was no HP. If you get the 'max unsecured limit' letter, that can change by the next statement. I received the 'max unsecured limit' letter both times I was denied.

The big difference between Navy and well basically everyone else lol, is that you can count on future success by continuing to do everything exactly the way you do it now. You don't have to guess. Just keep using that secured card and keep showing them that you take care of business month after month. Congrats on getting rid of that last charge off by the way and also on your bump on your secured card!

Like my situation was, you are right there, it just may take a bit longer and maybe another hard pull or two. I am totally looking forward to hearing about your future success and while you're waiting enjoy that 150% jump in available credit on the first card!! Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thanks, still sucks Smiley Very Happy the $300 bump is just an extension of credit on part of Navy. So they partially trust me but only as far as they can throw me and right now it's not very far. Having that extra $300 will at least help with overall utilization and I won't have to pay it off so quickly as before. I'm using my Discover the most for now, since it has cashback. 

Navy told me that I can look forward to being considered for graduation in January. I was hoping more like November or December. This rebuild sure is a slow thing...I think I'll wait until this card or Discover graduates before applying for another card. Just too disapppointing to continually be denied.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received two letters from Navy today. One to congratulate me for the extra $300 added to secured card, kinda an atta boy 😂 

The second letter was to explain why I was denied the More Rewards cars: YOU'VE REACHED NAVY FEDERALS MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT 😂 

So an unsecured $300 added to my secured limit is my max with them right now *sigh*

I know no two credit histories are alike but man I get bummed to know paying off my collections has led to just three secured cards, with Navy throwing a super small bone. Haven't had the success others have had with Navy with scores worse than mine or who still have unpaid charge offs. 

Other notes from the denial include: 

average credit limit on open cards reported last 12 months 

Limited credit experience (oldest new card during rebuild is cap1 from end of May and discover from early June) 

inquiries (two of those being from apartment complex and Sba loan)

Months since a bank card balance exceeded its credit limit (guessing those would be any charge offs that might've been over the limit) 

December is my 6th statement on navy secured. Maybe I'll do better then...

Message 18 of 31
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Yes, the max limit amount with Navy is only a temporary thing. You've reached the max they are willing to give you right now. It can change from month to month. The longer you are with Navy and show positive history, the more they open up to you. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

A7B66F09-96AB-4191-8543-5C766B1D0B95.jpeg

Well this is exciting. 4th statement cuts next week. Two months to go before I maybe get my deposit back. 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.