Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Denied - Langley FCU Visa Platinum approved $12.2k @ 7%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Langley FCU Visa Platinum approved $12.2k @ 7%

@Duriel wrote:

Update: Approved for the platinum in place of the rewards card. 

I applied for the Langley FCU Visa Signature card and was (conditionally?) approved for the Platinum Select visa? Up to 12,200@7.00%. Anyone have experience with this lender? 

I'm hoping it's a glitch and I can sort it out when they call me to finish setting up my membership. I'm interested in the monthly 5% category and don't really have a use for another platinum card. 

A8F936E1-FE27-4A47-8A79-571346BB76A2.jpeg

Cool story -- congrats on your success.

Data Points (DPs) help others make informed credit decisions -- have you any to share?

Message 11 of 17
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Langley FCU Visa Platinum approved $12.2k @ 7%

@Anonymous wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

Update: Approved for the platinum in place of the rewards card. 

I applied for the Langley FCU Visa Signature card and was (conditionally?) approved for the Platinum Select visa? Up to 12,200@7.00%. Anyone have experience with this lender? 

I'm hoping it's a glitch and I can sort it out when they call me to finish setting up my membership. I'm interested in the monthly 5% category and don't really have a use for another platinum card. 

A8F936E1-FE27-4A47-8A79-571346BB76A2.jpeg

Cool story -- congrats on your success.

Data Points (DPs) help others make informed credit decisions -- have you any to share?

F8/9 scores all around 720-740 with EQ (what they pull) being lowest. 8/12 and 3/6 reporting. No derogatories. Utilization 5%. DTI 28% including rent. Used car loan in January. 

Message 12 of 17
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Langley FCU Visa Signature glitch

Sorry it wasn't the card you thought you were getting.

This situation sounded a little odd, hoping you can get it straightened out.

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 17
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

11 days later and no communication of any kind. Not even an email. I called yesterday and was transferred to an answering machine. 

Message 14 of 17
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

Unfortunately they did only approve me for the platinum. Given the option of a new account showing on my report as closed or keeping it for the future, I'll keep it. 7% interest rate on purchases is my lowest by far and maybe someday I'll want to do a balance transfer. 

That said, I do wish it had just come back denied. When they call me to finish setting up my account, I'll ask if they do product changes after however long. 

Usually, Credit Unions will switch you without any hassles. We started out with a regular Visa card with BECU and one day I just asked them if we can apply for the cashback card and they just said we can just switch it. Well, great :-). Was very painless

Message 15 of 17
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Langley FCU Visa Platinum approved then denied

They finally called to tell me... I was denied due to new accounts. It's unclear if they were concerned about the total number of accounts inside of a year or they waited to see if brand new accounts showed up. FNBO Evergreen reported yesterday, so I'm kinda leaning towards the latter.

No biggie. Off to the garden for a year or so to prep for a mortgage. 

Message 16 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Update: Denied - Langley FCU Visa Platinum approved $12.2k @ 7%

Thread is now closed per request of OP
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.