Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Update* Regions Visa Maybe Approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update* Regions Visa Maybe Approval?

I apped for the Regions Cash Rewards Visa based on a "preselected" (I know that's not pre-approved) mailer with an enticing $250 sub. I currently am looking for a 0% intro card for a large purchase and this card also offers 12 mos 0% apr for purchases. 

After submitting the app including the number provided on the mailer, I got to a page where they presented me with a credit card disclosure form presumably for the card I was approved for, showing APR at 15.49% (my mailer showed APR at 21.49%) and 18 mos 0% on purchases instead of the 12 mos in the mailer. Sweet, right? Well, I download the disclosure like it prompts me to, then go to the next page and I get a generic "thank you for your application, we will get back to you" message. No approval message, no 7-10 day message, nada. Just we will contact you. 

Does anyone know what that means in Regions Bank jargon? I read they have to do a final manual approval on their apps, so should I not consider this a done deal? Or because they gave me the disclosure statement with set terms I should assume I'm approved and waiting on some sort of identity verification only? I want to app another card but don't know if the second inquiry will look back if this file is pending the manual review. I really want that $250 sub! Hah. 

I do NOT have a current or past relationship with this bank, if that matters at all. 

Thank you! 

*Update* Today, 3/29, I checked the automated line 18007344667 again and when I entered my social instead of asking me for a phone pin (the request I had been getting the last few days), I was prompted to make a phone pin. It gave me access and told me my starting line, a slightly disappointing $5000 considering my other recent approvals were an auto CLI on Amex from 8k to 11K and a new Discover IT for 8K. But that's okay, I mostly just wanted this for the SUB and a backup long 0% APR rate. I like to always have one running in case things go south, especially in a financial climate like this. 

Three bureaus all have me around 710 with a mostly clean 11 year file - my only negative is a paid, six year old, $88 charge off. They pulled TU which has 2 inquiries, most recent new account 11mos as the Disco isn't reporting yet. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Regions Visa Maybe Approval?

Congratulations ???

Message 2 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval?

Message 3 of 25
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats

..... maybe?

..... probably?

..... pretty sure

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the congrats??? Smiley Very Happy Ya'll are cracking me up! 

I just now got a TU alert, so maybe their back end person is doing the review! Fingers crossed! 

Message 5 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just now got a TU alert, so maybe their back end person is doing the review! Fingers crossed! 

Good luck! That $250 SUB is sweet.

Message 6 of 25
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Um... let us know what happens?

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@seattletravels wrote:

Um... let us know what happens?

Absolutely! 

Message 8 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 9 of 25
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I apped for the Regions Cash Rewards Visa based on a "preselected" (I know that's not pre-approved) mailer with an enticing $250 sub. I currently am looking for a 0% intro card for a large purchase and this card also offers 12 mos 0% apr for purchases. 

After submitting the app including the number provided on the mailer, I got to a page where they presented me with a credit card disclosure form presumably for the card I was approved for, showing APR at 15.49% (my mailer showed APR at 21.49%) and 18 mos 0% on purchases instead of the 12 mos in the mailer. Sweet, right? Well, I download the disclosure like it prompts me to, then go to the next page and I get a generic "thank you for your application, we will get back to you" message. No approval message, no 7-10 day message, nada. Just we will contact you. 

Does anyone know what that means in Regions Bank jargon? I read they have to do a final manual approval on their apps, so should I not consider this a done deal? Or because they gave me the disclosure statement with set terms I should assume I'm approved and waiting on some sort of identity verification only? I want to app another card but don't know if the second inquiry will look back if this file is pending the manual review. I really want that $250 sub! Hah. 

I do NOT have a current or past relationship with this bank, if that matters at all. 

Thank you! 

I am confused, as I also have no prior relationship with regions bank. my offer was also from a mailer and I was pre-selected. It is a 1.5 % cash back with 0% interest for 18 months, but the SUB is only 200 dollars after 1000 dollars of charges. After entering all the info asked, I was instantly approved with a 10,000 dollar credit limit. I have no idea why my SUB is 50 dollars less than yours. It also will be 15.49% interest after the 18 month 0% introductory rate.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.