cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated 6/25 Chase App -- Anyone have this happen?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated 6/25 Chase App -- Anyone have this happen?

I applied for a CSP card a little over a week ago. Initially, I got an email that they would review and be in touch soon.  When I first called in, I got a 30 day message.  When I called a few days later, it changed to a 7-10 days message.  I spoke to a CSR who said they need to verify information and they just wanted to know if I personally applied for the card.  I confirmed.  Message has stayed the 7-10 day message.  Today in the mail, I got a letter saying they need to verify additional info, asking for a recent utility bill at my current address and for me to sign a SSN verification authorization.  Anyone have this happen? I'm going to send both back tomorrow and I guess this is a good sign, right?  

Update 6/6 - I sent the requested paperwork and now I'm getting the 30 day message again.  Will update when anything changes.  :-)

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase App -- Anyone have this happen?

That happens a lot. It can be a very good sign 

Sometimes ID verification precedes actual app review, and other times it's just lender making sure it's you who actually applied

In any case, it was not auto denial, so I'd take that as a good sign 

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone think it is possible that my ssn is flagged for extra review or something?  When I applied for Disco, I had to upload address verification and a copy of my SS card before I was approved.  No idea if that's even a thing or just these particular lenders' practices for everyone.  :-)

Message 3 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone think it is possible that my ssn is flagged for extra review or something?  When I applied for Disco, I had to upload address verification and a copy of my SS card before I was approved.  No idea if that's even a thing or just these particular lenders' practices for everyone.  :-)

Do you know if you have fraud alert on any CRA?

Did Disco HP EQ?

Message 4 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

A variety of lenders take extra precautions when verifying your identity for a variety of reasons.  It could be a combination of any number of elements.  The best thing to do is provide the information (if you're near a branch that can speed things up a bit), then sit tight and let the process play out unless they require additional information.

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

No fraud on my CR, but I recently moved so the address I used on my app is not showing on my credit report.  Maybe that could be it.

Disco HP EQ and EX

Message 6 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This probably flagged their fraud team hence the utility bill copy and SSN. Sounds like they first want to make sure you're the one appplying for the card before proceeding.

Message 7 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Make sure you've updated your address with Discover.
Next time they report, the address will be reported too.

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase App -- Anyone have this happen? Updated

Updated 6/12/19 - Ugh, apparently I am still in fraud prevention.  On 6/6, I sent everything requested by chase (SSN verification authorization and copy of utility bill verifying address).  A day or two later I started receiving a 30 day message, which turned to the dreaded 7-10 day message yesterday.  I called an spoke to a CSR, thinking I could begin the recon process.  But the CSR passed me along to the fraud department.  Fraud department said that I had missed an item on the SSN form (it was optional - only necessary if I wanted to opt out of standard term).  They also took some issue with the utility bill I submitted.  So I have now sent in the completed form (again) and a different utility bill.  Fingers crossed this at least moves out of the fraud department soon.

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase App -- Anyone have this happen? Updated

@Anonymous wrote:

Updated 6/12/19 - Ugh, apparently I am still in fraud prevention.  On 6/6, I sent everything requested by chase (SSN verification authorization and copy of utility bill verifying address).  A day or two later I started receiving a 30 day message, which turned to the dreaded 7-10 day message yesterday.  I called an spoke to a CSR, thinking I could begin the recon process.  But the CSR passed me along to the fraud department.  Fraud department said that I had missed an item on the SSN form (it was optional - only necessary if I wanted to opt out of standard term).  They also took some issue with the utility bill I submitted.  So I have now sent in the completed form (again) and a different utility bill.  Fingers crossed this at least moves out of the fraud department soon.

Good luck, OP. Hope this gets resolved soon. Keep us posted. Hope to see an approval thread from you soon! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.