cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated 6/25 Chase App -- Anyone have this happen?

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase App -- Anyone have this happen? Updated

I had a similar but slightly different experience. When I applied for my CSP I got an instant approval, but then I applied for the CFU later that same day and got the 30-day message, "We'll contact you as soon as possible to let you know the status". The funny thing is, they NEVER contacted me. I just logged into my Chase account 2 days later and saw both the CSP and CFU listed under my accounts. They never contacted me for more info or anything, never gave me an approval message of any sort, they just quietly added the card to my account and mailed the welcome kit to me without any communication whatsoever.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP - Should I try for a recon? UPDATED

I applied for a CSP about 3 weeks ago.  After several rounds of identity verification, I got a denial on Friday.  They pulled my EX Fico 8 - 684 at the time . I haven't gotten the letter setting out the reasons, but I assume it's due to my lack of an extensive CC history (at least that is reporting, I had over $100,000 in CL prior to my divorce, but all are no longer reported), especially any with limits over $5000.  I've been rebuilding my credit for the last year or so and prior to my recent app spree, only had two Cap One CCs - one secured with a $500 limit (opened 4/18) and one unsecured with a $750 limit (opened 10/18).  Is it worth calling? Or should I give up and garden for a bit?  In my app spree, I was approved for three cards with $7000-$12,000 limits.  I don't really need the credit, but since I've already had the HP might be worth at least another call?  Chances of recon without a lengthy CC history reporting?  

Message 12 of 37
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CSP - Should I try for a recon?

Before you attempt the recon, you'll need to know why you were denied

It's worth a try, but I would wait for AA letter first. That way you can be prepared and know ahead of time what to address instead on being put on the spot. 

Message 13 of 37
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a CSP about 3 weeks ago.  After several rounds of identity verification, I got a denial on Friday.  They pulled my EX Fico 8 - 684 at the time . I haven't gotten the letter setting out the reasons, but I assume it's due to my lack of an extensive CC history (at least that is reporting, I had over $100,000 in CL prior to my divorce, but all are no longer reported), especially any with limits over $5000.  I've been rebuilding my credit for the last year or so and prior to my recent app spree, only had two Cap One CCs - one secured with a $500 limit (opened 4/18) and one unsecured with a $750 limit (opened 10/18).  Is it worth calling? Or should I give up and garden for a bit?  In my app spree, I was approved for three cards with $7000-$12,000 limits.  I don't really need the credit, but since I've already had the HP might be worth at least another call?  Chances of recon without a lengthy CC history reporting?  

I agree with Remedios. Just wait for letter.

Also, recon will be another HP or maybe 2.

And, if your 3 new cards started reporting, especially in the 3 wks they were verifying ID, this could have spooked them. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I got the denial letter today and it says that my app was denied because they can't verify my SSN - I had submitted an authorization for them to verify with the SSA.  The letter said contact the SSA if I have questions.  I just went through SSN verification when I bought a house last month, so I know there are no issues.  Thoughts????  Anyone else have this happen?

Message 15 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

You Might try to take proof of your SSN into a Branch, and have a personal Banker Call, after You Explain what happened.

Chase will do More for you in Branch. My Personal Experience.

EDIT: Chase would NOT let me open a Savings Online, Even Though I had Several Credit Cards For Years and A Checking.

I had to Go in And Show Valid ID and A Credit Card.

Message 16 of 37
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update - I got the denial letter today and it says that my app was denied because they can't verify my SSN - I had submitted an authorization for them to verify with the SSA.  The letter said contact the SSA if I have questions.  I just went through SSN verification when I bought a house last month, so I know there are no issues.  Thoughts????  Anyone else have this happen?

Was the authorization electronically submitted or was it faxed? I ask because Chase has issues with at least getting faxes when you submit it that way. They usually come out fuzzy and pretty often they need that info re-submitted because it doesn't come out clear. This is based on info from the churning reddit when it's a verification issue like when they need SSN card, driver's license, utility bill, etc.

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was the authorization electronically submitted or was it faxed? I ask because Chase has issues with at least getting faxes when you submit it that way. They usually come out fuzzy and pretty often they need that info re-submitted because it doesn't come out clear. This is based on info from the churning reddit when it's a verification issue like when they need SSN card, driver's license, utility bill, etc.

That is good to know.  I faxed it in. I am going to go into a branch tomorrow with everything and see if they can help.  Thanks!

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like a transposed # on the app. but you got the HP and that's verification right there.  Maybe something is mucked up on a secondary verification source.  I usually would say take it to the bank and make them fax it for you and deal with them on the phone when it comes to things like this.  You can fill out the PDF version and then print/sign it https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-89.pdf

Message 19 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

You Might try to take proof of your SSN into a Branch, and have a personal Banker Call, after You Explain what happened.

Chase will do More for you in Branch. My Personal Experience.

EDIT: Chase would NOT let me open a Savings Online, Even Though I had Several Credit Cards For Years and A Checking.

I had to Go in And Show Valid ID and A Credit Card.

Great idea.  I hadn't really considering going into a branch.  I will go in tomorrow.  Thanks!

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.