cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: SCT is now a HP! No more tricks!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Unofficial SCT Approval SP or HP Thread. All HP's for a Month!

@Talonwildstar wrote:

I got the pop ups for Boscovs, Overstock, and Sportaman Guide this week 10/24/18

Boscovs SCL 4000 HP Equifax 

Overstock SCL 3600 HP Equifax

Sportsman Guide guide says 48 hour response that was over a week ago and I have not heard anything back yet and it did not hit my Equifax either, I think it’s because I was not a member of there buyers club yet... I’m not sure, hopefully I’ll know soon.

boscovs and sportsman only last 4 digits of social, overstck full social

Thanks for your DP's. Sorry about all the HP's. It really seems the SCT is really on its way out. Maybe it will come to be the SCHP soon. I'll add you DP's to the thread. And best of luck on your rebuild too!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 41 of 163
Diamondsforme08
Established Member

You can add Pier 1 Imports to your list. Applied on 10/20/18 and was a hard pull through Experian. 

Message 42 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Diamondsforme08 wrote:

You can add Pier 1 Imports to your list. Applied on 10/20/18 and was a hard pull through Experian. 

Thanks for the DP. Sure will. Sorry about the HP.

Message 43 of 163
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

With credit getting tight again with lenders and now most comenity store apps are now HP through the SCT. I hope new forum users read this thread and expect HP from now on. Also, please evaluate a need for any card you apply for.
Message 44 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Blackswizz750 wrote:
With credit getting tight again with lenders and now most comenity store apps are now HP through the SCT. I hope new forum users read this thread and expect HP from now on. Also, please evaluate a need for any card you apply for.

Thats why I started it. I read so many getting the HP's that something was up. 3 yrs ago. No problem. But the trend was starting more and more in Sept. So that started this subject matter. Yes its for the newbs, or the lurkers who may never become a member here. BEWARE! SCT soon to be the SCHP. Thanks for the reply Blackswzz750!

Message 45 of 163
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, this just happened to me as well. Preapproved for JD Williams Store card and I took it as it wa smy first successful SCT. Only input the last four of my SSN and seconds later recieved a notifiication from Experian that I had a new inquiry. Checked it on my report and sure enough HP for comenity bank today. Seems to have only hit Experian though... but was still a dissappointment as I am trying to save myself from HP's right now :/ 

Message 46 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, this just happened to me as well. Preapproved for JD Williams Store card and I took it as it wa smy first successful SCT. Only input the last four of my SSN and seconds later recieved a notifiication from Experian that I had a new inquiry. Checked it on my report and sure enough HP for comenity bank today. Seems to have only hit Experian though... but was still a dissappointment as I am trying to save myself from HP's right now :/ 

Sorry this happened to you. So this will be a new store card that wasn't on the list. Thanks for posting. SCT is really dying out now.

Message 47 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Updated 11/16/18  No SP SCT's for >30 days. All HP's for now.  Expect a HP. The SCT appears to be on its way out. Can you say SCHP?

Hard Pulls/SP Standings:

Overstock-12  SP-4 2 Posters asked for CLI's. 1 HP & 1 a SP.  YMMV 

Wayfair- 7-HP  2-SP

VS-5  SP-2 

Sportsman’s Guide-2 SP-1

J Crew-2 HP 1-SP

Total Rewards Visa-1  SP-1

Pottery Barn-2 (With Pre-Approved Letter) SP-1

West Elm-1 SP-1

New York & Co-5

Belks-3

BrylaneHome-2

Old Navy-2

Boscov-2

Pier One-2

Avenue
JC Penny

Eddie Bauer

Barneys

JD Williams (new)

Ann Taylor (new)

Straight Soft Pulls: No HP reported. Yet. Lost 2 more cards. 2 left.

GameStop

Venus

Message 48 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Update: Poster asked for a CLI from Overstock and it was a HARD PULL! No one has posted a SP approval for a while now. Beware. Looks like even asking for a CLI will result in a HP! Look like the SCT is becoming a thing of the past.

Message 49 of 163
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

So long Ann Taylor from the SP SCT list. Toast. Poster got a HP today.

Message 50 of 163
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.