cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade visa signature Card long list of requirements!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade visa signature Card long list of requirements!

So I don't really need cards at the moment but was curious after seeing that upgrade signature visa preapproval popping up for $7000. I completed the form and send it all. (No notice of HP at any moment and didn't get any after 4 days). 

everything was good and at first no documentation needed but had to be reviewed. An hour later I got an email for requested documentations.... 

• 4506-T Upgrade will follow up with you via email on next steps for submitting your 4506T form
  • W-2
  • Full 2 years tax returns (include relevant schedules, e.g. Schedule K-1, Schedule C, Schedule F, Schedule E)
  • Most recent bank statement
  • Photo of Yourself (Use Mobile Device)
  • Government Issued ID - Back (Use Mobile Device)
  • Government Issued ID - Front (Use Mobile Device)

The way that card works (loan payments etc....) I was mostly curious about it but not curious enough to provide all that! I didn't lie on the app and had discover asking for tax return but I don't feel sharing that much info for a "basic" credit card product. 

just wanted to share the application process.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Upgrade visa signature Card long list of requirements!

Yes, purchases are categorized as loans on reports, which are than subtracted from initial limit. Muuuch better cards out there. I'd deter anyone from Upgrade!

Message 2 of 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Good grief way too much information requested , me I would pass on that one .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH was looking at this card after receiving a few emails. I'm sure he'll pass. Thanks for the info! 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I don't really need cards at the moment but was curious after seeing that upgrade signature visa preapproval popping up for $7000. I completed the form and send it all. (No notice of HP at any moment and didn't get any after 4 days). 

everything was good and at first no documentation needed but had to be reviewed. An hour later I got an email for requested documentations.... 

• 4506-T Upgrade will follow up with you via email on next steps for submitting your 4506T form
  • W-2
  • Full 2 years tax returns (include relevant schedules, e.g. Schedule K-1, Schedule C, Schedule F, Schedule E)
  • Most recent bank statement
  • Photo of Yourself (Use Mobile Device)
  • Government Issued ID - Back (Use Mobile Device)
  • Government Issued ID - Front (Use Mobile Device)

The way that card works (loan payments etc....) I was mostly curious about it but not curious enough to provide all that! I didn't lie on the app and had discover asking for tax return but I don't feel sharing that much info for a "basic" credit card product. 

just wanted to share the application process.

There will also be a follow up box containing a syringe.  Follow the blood sample instructions exactly. 

Message 5 of 23
tbque
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous LMAO! 😂😂

Message 6 of 23
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yikes. Too much personal info they want.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 23
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Whoa.  I didn't think twice about signing off on the Discover 4506-T, but all this for a credit card?  That's a hard nope right there.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 8 of 23
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Wow, that's a lot! I'm already prepared to let my Discover go in case I don't feel like submitting a 4506-T whenever they ask for it. Certainly I won't be going anywhere near that Upgrade Visa.

More than enough credit.
Message 9 of 23
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If I were approached with this intrusive a request I wouldn't be able to post the response here verbatim as it would trigger the naughty-word filter.  This is worse than an AMEX financial review.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.