Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us bank visa CLI hard or sofrt pull

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Us bank visa CLI hard or sofrt pull

I had called Us bank about to set up  5 percent earnings for next three months and just after having card for six months could I ask for cli with out a hard pull, thay told me that it could be soft pull but thay could do hard pull if thay need mo info.  Once you ask for cli you can't stop the process. You don't know if you will get hard pull or not. What is the expexperience with US bank and is ther any way to know if you are going to get hard pull.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Us bank visa CLI hard or sofrt pull

Almost always a HP. Some people have had luck with only a SP if they ask for an increase under $1500, but not all. Expect a HP.
Message 2 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Unless you get an email notifying you SP CLI is available, you should expect HP.
If you call for CLI and card is older than 6 months, CSR wont be able to tell you if it will be SP or HP.

Under 6 months HP, probably with poor results.
You could recon the amount but that will be another HP.

If you're a fan of SP CLIs, US Bank will be a sore disappointment in that respect.
Message 3 of 18
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Expect a HP.
Learned that lesson last month when I only asked for $1K thinking it might be a SP.
Nope. HP!! Good thing they gave me $6K though.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
Unless you get an email notifying you SP CLI is available, you should expect HP.
If you call for CLI and card is older than 6 months, CSR wont be able to tell you if it will be SP or HP.

If you're a fan of SP CLIs, US Bank will be a sore disappointment in that respect.

Im gonna file this information away for when Im no longer gardening

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Im gonna file this information away for when Im no longer gardening

It's okay if you dont.  I love the sound of my own typing Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Last time I called US Bank for CLI, I didn't actually provide a requested amount; they just offered me a $5K CLI.  I accepted, of course, and it was SP.   In the past, generally anything at $1500 or under was instant and SP, but anything over was not instant and required HP.

My recommendation would be to call in and, if they ask for a specific amount, keep it at $1500 or less.  If they offer you more before you ask for a specific amount, take it.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Has USBank gotten over their little game of giving $500 SLs ?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Has USBank gotten over their little game of giving $500 SLs ?

Haven't seen one of those in awhile. Now they just deny the unworthy. 🤷‍♂️ 

Message 9 of 18
firefox100
Valued Contributor

The question is why do some banks require hard pull to increase the credit line on account that thay allready have done a hard pull, and other banks such as synchrony , Bank of america and citi will go head an increase the credit line with soft pull only, why is this. Does bank get more info with a hard pull then if a soft pull is done. Is ther a legal reason or is because of risk managenemt. What is behind some banks use foft pull and others like barclay's will not increase line with a doing a hard pull?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.