Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us bank visa plantium card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Us bank visa plantium card

Yesterday I apply for us bank plantium Visa card and it gives the 7-10 days message. 

Then they send me a e-mail and text message with the following message: 

Date: 7/9/2018
Verifying your recent application
Thank you for applying for a Platinum Credit Card on July 9.
For your security, we’re writing to verify that you are the one who submitted this application.
If you did not apply for the product noted above, please call 866-268-7231, where our 24-hour support team is available to assist you. Please don’t reply to this email.
If you did apply for the product, you may ignore this message.
We look forward to helping serve your financial needs.
U.S. Bank. 

I did not call , it says to call if I do not apply. 

After that I did not receive anything from them about the application. 

Is that a good or bad sign? Is the first time I apply with them

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Us bank visa plantium card

This is simply an extra layer of security to confirm that you were the intended applicant.  A variety of US Bank applications tend to go into manual review.  Just wait it out to learn the results once the application has been fully processed and reviewed.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank tends to be extremely cautious in everything they do.  Almost all of their apps are done by manual review as FinnStar noted.  Fingers crossed, and if you get rejected, take a look at the reason and try the reconsideration line.  That was the only way I got my first card with them.  Even with the existing relationship, my second one was manually reviewed as well.

Best of luck, and I hope they give you a nice SL.

Message 3 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I recently applied for a US Bank CC as well, same situation, pending review. They usually take their time. I waited 3 days before I called first and they said it was pending, then called on Tuesday and found out I was approved. From the day I applied to the day I was approved, it was exactly a week. Give it some time and call in and check in with them, 3-5 days from now. They are a good bank though from what I've heard.

Best of luck and do let us know if you get approved and SL!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you get it with a good SL.   

I keep getting the too many inq's, so just have to wait it out a bit longer. did add a small savings acct recently, maybe that will help later. 

Message 5 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Jago22 - I just saw your sig - 86 inquiries! Wow!

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:

@Anonymous - I just saw your sig - 86 inquiries! Wow!

I got screwed car shopping and some over apping, but i learned how not to do things next time and at least inq's will go away eventually.   

Message 7 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Yes they will, usually their impact falls once you start hitting 6 months, usually by a year, you'll get most of the points back. After 2 years, they'll be all gone. Live and learn, tried and true motto!

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:

Yes they will, usually their impact falls once you start hitting 6 months, usually by a year, you'll get most of the points back. After 2 years, they'll be all gone. Live and learn, tried and true motto!

Very true.  by 2019 they will be over a year, so that will help alot i hope.    

If you ever decide you want a siggy with your card images and don't know how i would be happy to help. I may have done a "few" for people on here.. It's just fun for me to code things Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Jago22 - Thank you. I might just take you up on that offer for the siggy. I'm jealous of everyone's pretty signatures!

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.