Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo CL Increase

tag
jonblaze24
New Contributor

Venmo CL Increase

Has anyone had any luck with a CL increase on their Venmo Visa card? They sent out crazy amounts of emails last year promoting it, and since Visa was the only card I didn't have I figured why not? I received the card around January but to my HUGE disappointment they only started me with a $1k limit.....by FAR the worst of all of my cards. 

I have used the card a pretty decent amount and have paid the balances to or near 0 almost every month....yet I still keep getting a decline anytime I request a CLI. Definitely was under the assumption Synchrony was one of the easier ones. 

Has anyone had any luck with them? If so, how did you go about it? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venmo CL Increase

There must've been something about your profile that SYNCB felt only $1K was sufficient when initially approved. Something to keep in mind, ever since they started being more proactive about CLDs and Adverse Actions, they've been more selective about CLIs and SLs on newer cards -- profile-dependent of course.

What reasons are they providing with your declined requests? Are you contacting Credit Solutions or their standard customer service #? Have you had it longer than 6 months?

Message 2 of 6
jonblaze24
New Contributor

I have had it for about 9 months now, and I do not contact credit solutions I simply do it through the 800 number. Will I have a better chance contacting credit solutions? The card is by far my lowest limit and I was hoping to utilize the cash back for bigger purchases....obviously $1k limits me a little. 

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What reasons do they provide for declining your requests?

Message 4 of 6
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@jonblaze24 wrote:

I have had it for about 9 months now, and I do not contact credit solutions I simply do it through the 800 number. Will I have a better chance contacting credit solutions? The card is by far my lowest limit and I was hoping to utilize the cash back for bigger purchases....obviously $1k limits me a little. 

I received a 6k limit but have yet to have any luck with approval for CLI. Usually, I get the... not yet eligible reason. Not a real reason IMO.

Message 5 of 6
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

DP: Opened 5/27 @ 5k. Put around 1.5k a month PIF.  Called in for a CLI on 9/1 and was declined "not had card long enough" or something similar. Clean report.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.