Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Visa CLI

tag
nomadic_triathlete
Established Member

Venmo Visa CLI

What is the time frame for getting a CLI with the Venmo Visa?  I'm wondering if it is as simple as it is with the Apple Card.  Every 90 days and you can do it on your phone in the Apple Wallet.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venmo Visa CLI

@nomadic_triathlete wrote:

What is the time frame for getting a CLI with the Venmo Visa?  I'm wondering if it is as simple as it is with the Apple Card.  Every 90 days and you can do it on your phone in the Apple Wallet.

Not the same as Apple Card. Typically, first CLI can be requested as little as ~6 months. Although, some profiles could be eligible at 4 or 5 months. You may need to test it for your own results. Thereafter, usually every 4 months (give or take).

Message 2 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

Will a button show up in the app when it's available or where can you request a CLI in the app? I looked and don't see anywhere in the app to request a CLI.

Message 3 of 8
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

From the "Your Venmo Credit Card" screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom.  Right below the "Your info" section is an option you can choose to "Request a credit line increase".

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 4 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

I don’t have that under my info. Just have “Secure Messages”, “Visa Signature Benefits” and “Venmo Credit Card Notifications”.

@sarux3 wrote:

From the "Your Venmo Credit Card" screen, scroll all the way down to the bottom.  Right below the "Your info" section is an option you can choose to "Request a credit line increase".

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@keekers wrote:
I don’t have that under my info. Just have “Secure Messages”, “Visa Signature Benefits” and “Venmo Credit Card Notifications”.

@sarux3 wrote:

How long have you had the Venmo CC @keekers?

Message 6 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

Like a month. I’m guessing it’s not there if I’m looking in the right spot because I’m not eligible yet.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@keekers wrote:
Like a month. I’m guessing it’s not there if I’m looking in the right spot because I’m not eligible yet.

Correct - too soon. You won't see the link until probably ~4 months at the earliest (give or take) from account opening.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.