Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture DENIED UPDATED TO INCLUDE CHAT SESSION

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture DENIED

Baaaaaaaaaahahahaha   Priceless...

You would think they would include "don't lie to customers" somewhere in the training manual.  Dang Cap1 sucks!

Message 61 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

You would think they would include "don't lie to customers" somewhere in the training manual.  Dang Cap1 sucks!

wacdenney, Cap1 sucks ONLY if they don't approve you for $15,000 sl. Soooo the questiont to you  is - if Cap1 gave you a high sl today would you tell them to stick it? Smiley Frustrated

Message 62 of 77
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

wacdenney, Cap1 sucks ONLY if they don't approve you for $15,000 sl. Soooo the questiont to you  is - if Cap1 gave you a high sl today would you tell them to stick it? Smiley Frustrated

They can't give me a high starting limit because I wont be applying for any of their cards.  I do have a QS Visa so to make your question workable, if they gave me a 15k CLI I would not tell them to stick it.  I would accept the CLI and it would actually give me a reason to keep the card open past the intro APR period.  It would remain in the SD, but at least it would stay open.

To adress the point more directly, no...  A large limit would not change my opinion of Crap1.

Message 63 of 77
msbia
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

They can't give me a high starting limit because I wont be applying for any of their cards.  I do have a QS Visa so to make your question workable, if they gave me a 15k CLI I would not tell them to stick it.  I would accept the CLI and it would actually give me a reason to keep the card open past the intro APR period.  It would remain in the SD, but at least it would stay open.

To adress the point more directly, no...  A large limit would not change my opinion of Crap1.

+1.......million. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 64 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Your Crap1 GF must have really stung you. Smiley Tongue

Message 65 of 77
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Your Crap1 GF must have really stung you. Smiley Tongue

It''s really not much like a sting.  I don't blame the bee who stings me.  He's just trying to survive.  You could stretch that to imply that Cap1 is just trying to make money and they harbor no more ill will towards me than the bee.  The difference is that the bee isn't fundamentaly underhanded. 

Cap1 has made a lot of money preying on the sub-prime market and their business practices reflect their target demographic.  They prefer customers with no other options much like myself at one time.  Now, they appear to now be branching out and looking for more prey and that's fine and dandy.  High credit limits are great, but I doubt anything about the way they do business will change at all.

If you've never had any negative experiences with them and you can deal with their "customer service" model then the Venture looks like a great oportunity for a high limit right now.  They're just not for me and the chat log that the OP posted is a shining example of why.

Message 66 of 77
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

It''s really not much like a sting.  I don't blame the bee who stings me.  He's just trying to survive.  You could stretch that to imply that Cap1 is just trying to make money and they harbor no more ill will towards me than the bee.  The difference is that the bee isn't fundamentaly underhanded. 

Cap1 has made a lot of money preying on the sub-prime market and their business practices reflect their target demographic.  They prefer customers with no other options much like myself at one time.  Now, they appear to now be branching out and looking for more prey and that's fine and dandy.  High credit limits are great, but I doubt anything about the way they do business will change at all.

If you've never had any negative experiences with them and you can deal with their "customer service" model then the Venture looks like a great oportunity for a high limit right now.  They're just not for me and the chat log that the OP posted is a shining example of why.

I agree with you.  I have researched them and I am reading story after story that sounds the same but from different people.  I am glad I wasn't approved.  

Similar, I had a mortgage through Wells Fargo.  NIGHTMARE!  They care about making a dime off of you anyway they could regardless of how much they stretched it and still stay within the law.  Got my ducks in a row and refinanced througha  credit union that does not sale off the mortgages.  (I didn't originally go with Wells, they bought it up).   I would never ever ever do any type of business with Wells Fargo.  I am reading of similar business practices through Capital One.  

Consumer opinions and options are important and we should be picky of who we give our money too.  We shouldn't go with some of these companies just because they will approve us.  

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 67 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure it's just Cap One.  I think that most ppl on here who have really high cl's, have a longer relationship with the bank.  So the bank knows them & can trust them.  My daughter works for Walgreens and only makes 20k a yr.  She has had a relationship with BofA for about 8 yrs.  Has gone from a secured card to a 15k limit.  And as you see, doesn't really have the income to support it.  I think they're just being careful.  And the reps you speak of.........you can imagine how I feel about them!  I try to never, ever has a conversation with them.  All the same bs.  I'm getting that impression from some of the accounts I opened in Nov.  Just need to feel me out a bit more before they can trust me with higher cls.  I'm glad to hear you got what you wanted from another bank.  Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 77
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure it's just Cap One.  I think that most ppl on here who have really high cl's, have a longer relationship with the bank.  So the bank knows them & can trust them.  My daughter works for Walgreens and only makes 20k a yr.  She has had a relationship with BofA for about 8 yrs.  Has gone from a secured card to a 15k limit.  And as you see, doesn't really have the income to support it.  I think they're just being careful.  And the reps you speak of.........you can imagine how I feel about them!  I try to never, ever has a conversation with them.  All the same bs.  I'm getting that impression from some of the accounts I opened in Nov.  Just need to feel me out a bit more before they can trust me with higher cls.  I'm glad to hear you got what you wanted from another bank.  Smiley Wink

I think having a relationship with a bank is key!  I really feel that everyone should have a strong one with a credit union or bank.  I am partial to the little man and try to always go local. I have been with my credit union for about 9 years.  My house is with them, my car was before I paid it off.  I had a medical bill that was a necessary evil.  I called the credit union and they just gave me an unsecured loan with no questions asked!  My scores at that time were mid 600's.  

My husband needed a newer vehicle.  I knew we could go to Wells, Cap One or Chase and get approved but we went to the credit union.  The car he found was a 2006 Dodge Dakota with only 51,000 miles.  Still smelled new although it was 9 years old.  It was immaculant.  Owned by a little old man that drove it on Sunday morning to church for the past 9 years.  Credit Union said they couldn't do a car loan for a vehicle older than 7 years but they would do a personal loan.  The interest rate was a little high for for a car.  The next day they call me and tell me of another credit union that is in their network located 1/2 across the country in MA that would write it.  Ended up being DCU.  Under 20 minutes I was on the phone and had the loan secure at 1.72%.  They needed no verification because she could see of my long relationship with the sister credit union that I bank with.  We would have gotten approved for the loan one way or another but having that existing relationship really made a difference.  On top of that DCU offered me a 10k Visa at 8.5%.    I will keep and protect my relationship with my credit union.  It pays dividends in so many ways.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 69 of 77
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@Kathy4NU wrote:

I agree with you.  I have researched them and I am reading story after story that sounds the same but from different people.  I am glad I wasn't approved.  

Similar, I had a mortgage through Wells Fargo.  NIGHTMARE!  They care about making a dime off of you anyway they could regardless of how much they stretched it and still stay within the law.  Got my ducks in a row and refinanced througha  credit union that does not sale off the mortgages.  (I didn't originally go with Wells, they bought it up).   I would never ever ever do any type of business with Wells Fargo.  I am reading of similar business practices through Capital One.  

Consumer opinions and options are important and we should be picky of who we give our money too.  We shouldn't go with some of these companies just because they will approve us.  

I agree about a mortgage with Wells Fargo.  They are crooks, tricksters, and manufacture false data.  I wrote the CEO and laid everything out that had been manufactured; the result was that all of the false data was removed from all of my credit reports.  Then, I paid my mortgage off, so I would no longer have to deal with them.  Will never recommend Wells Fargo to anyone for any kind of business.  You cannot trust this company.

Message 70 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.