Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Manual Review and Two New HPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture Manual Review and Two New HPs

@chalupaman wrote:

Called back again and the app has been declined again. 

CapOne can suck it. Two more HPs for nothing.

5 HPs for nothing, i'd be really pissed right now if i were you, i get upset when i waste 1 HP and get nothing..

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow smh Might want to leave Cap One alone from now on. What a waste
Message 22 of 31
bobbay
Established Contributor

sorry poppa,  i am starting to get that sick feeling since i contacted the EO and asked for a manual review and was told the same thing.  if they pull tu again i have to freeze it becaause it will be toast.Smiley Sad

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm gonna be even more irritated if the app comes back as declined again even through manual review. Thankfully no EX HP.

The app has been through recon since Monday. I'm surprised they waited this long just to do more HPs. Still pending too.

Mine has been in recon since Monday as well. I haven't seen any new pulls yet. Hoping I won't get them like you did. When I asked on the phone, the gentleman in the EO said we would check with his colleagues if a pull will be done again, put me on hold for two minutes, came back and said no more pulls.

Message 24 of 31
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Sorry about the multiple pulls with decline!  Although many were okay with the triple pull possibility, it's definitely not appealing to me.  

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 25 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I dunno popa, as friendly advice I really really think you need to garden. Its only been a month or two since the action from Citi and you've gotten a few new cards since then. You need to chill with apps, IMO for at least 6 months. This development is a sign that you need to do it.

I don't agree w how cap one is handling it but, take it as a sign.
Message 26 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I dunno popa, as friendly advice I really really think you need to garden. Its only been a month or two since the action from Citi and you've gotten a few new cards since then. You need to chill with apps, IMO for at least 6 months. This development is a sign that you need to do it.

I don't agree w how cap one is handling it but, take it as a sign.

I do want to take a break anyway and especially to focus on other things outside of the forum and CCs but six months is a stretch quite honestly. It may work for you personally but I don't honestly think exactly like that but when I'm getting denied for stuff like this now, yeah, time to cool it.

Probably will be taking some time to come up with a clear strategy so that these apps aren't in so much vain and that I'm not wasting as much time trying to take advantage of these MF bandwagons and as you said the newer accounts will be older and my profile will be more stabile. If the card really has something that could be beneficial for me personally, then okay but I don't think this card was worth all the CapOne EO BS. I'm constantly learning something new and that's where part of the thrill of CCs comes from.

I'm also glad that Citi's not part of my profile. Not many of their cards were that good and their customer service was awful and I ended up getting better stuff anyway that compensated for it. That's what I'm pretty satisfied with.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 27 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Hey if you can't wait 6 months that's fine. Just my perspective. It works for me, because despite being tempted I know that gardening yields better limits and APRs vs applying every month and getting another 1k at 22%.
Message 28 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Hey if you can't wait 6 months that's fine. Just my perspective. It works for me, because despite being tempted I know that gardening yields better limits and APRs vs applying every month and getting another 1k at 22%.

Exactly. 

I have found that APRs and limits can really really vary depending on the issuer. BoA for example has given me one of my lower rates and Amex has given me my lowest rate ever on the Amex ED, but Barclays from the get go gave me one of my highest right off the bat. It makes no sense sometimes but I've learned to just accept that. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 29 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah. Some are more giving than others, that's absolutely true and sometimes its random. I'm sorry this happened with capital one but Venture is not going anywhere
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.